Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Evidence of actual corruption in Pac 12 officiating...to the surprise of no one.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Evidence of actual corruption in Pac 12 officiating...to the surprise of no one.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...te-game-report
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 10-11-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I don’t follow other conferences officiating but it seems that PAC12 officiating has been a joke for ever. Even back in the Mountain West days, I hated having PAC12 refs as they seemed to always favor the other team (I am sure every fan feels that way).

Way too early for this, but I'm day dreaming. The following teams control their own destiny in the south:

USC at 3-1
    Utah at 2-2

The other four teams can still tie for the division lead but lose tiebreakers:

Colorado at 2-1 has a loss to USC
    Arizona at 2-2 has losses to USC and Utah
    UCLA at 1-2 has a loss to Colorado
    ASU at 2-2 has a loss to Colorado

UCLA lost to UW by just a TD last week, and they easily beat Cal yesterday. Sure would have been nice to play them at the beginning of the season when they were awful instead of on a short week on the road when they are good.

USC looked like USC last night. Athletic, strong, fast at every position...except RB. That was the key difference. The WR's are pretty scary, though. The freshman QB looked like a star freshman - plenty of bad throws, some really bad decisions, and a few perfect plays. Hopefully, Gustin is out on Sat.
    Last edited by sancho; 10-14-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Hopefully, Gustin is out on Sat.
    It's official - Gustin out for the season.

It's official - Gustin out for the season.
    And Penei Sewell out for Oregon with ankle sprain. He might miss his Utah homecoming game.

Too bad Penei and Gustin will be on the sidelines for their homecomings. They should ask Gabe Reid about the experience.

* They should not contact Ty Jones.

This is a fun read:

Yahoo Sports exclusive: WSU's Mike Leach called out Pac-12 officiating via text after controversial USC game

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sport...044605525.html

It’s by Pete Thamel, who’s no slouch as a writer.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a fun read:

Yahoo Sports exclusive: WSU's Mike Leach called out Pac-12 officiating via text after controversial USC game

I’m really not sure why Larry Scott is still employed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a fun read:

The freedom of information act is a little creepy.

Coaches should know better, though.

The freedom of information act is a little creepy.

Coaches should know better, though.
    Knowing Mike Leach, he very likely did know better. It wouldn’t surprise in the least if he sent the texts with full intention of them becoming public. Great way to get your point across while avoiding the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I’m really not sure why Larry Scott is still employed.

I think it's just a matter of time.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Knowing Mike Leach, he very likely did know better. It wouldn’t surprise in the least if he sent the texts with full intention of them becoming public. Great way to get your point across while avoiding the fine.
    I have no doubt that is exactly what he was doing. He is a smart, cagy guy.

--Yeats

Happy to see him put that Pepperdine education to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

I've said this before, I'll say it again: We should all thank our lucky stars BYU can't hire Leach as HC.

Cameron Smith not likely to play for USC against ASU due to knee issues. It would be a big help if ASU could pull out the win Saturday. I’m not too proud to win the south with 3 losses and a tie breaker.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Cameron Smith not likely to play for USC against ASU due to knee issues. It would be a big help if ASU could pull out the win Saturday. I’m not too proud to win the south with 3 losses and a tie breaker.
    Given the remaining schedules, this is uscs best chance to lose. And with our schedule, I think the odds of us running the table are slim.

Go people of the sun!

Well, how about that?

CU loses to OSU, and USC loses to ASU. All of sudden, we are alone in 1st.

Well, how about that?

CU loses to OSU, and USC loses to ASU. All of sudden, we are alone in 1st.
    Lol, cu lost to the beavs? At home? I didn't even check that one because I assumed they won by 30.

Jake Browning benched against Cal for ineffectiveness! Chaos in the pac-12! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Jake Browning benched against Cal for ineffectiveness! Chaos in the pac-12! I love it!

And the backup with a pick 6¡!!!!!!!!

And the backup with a pick 6¡!!!!!!!!

Now he's switched back to Browning. The great Chris Petersen doesn't look so good today.

Now he's switched back to Browning. The great Chris Petersen doesn't look so good today.
    Cal wins!
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Lol, cu lost to the beavs? At home? I didn't even check that one because I assumed they won by 30.
    CU was up 31-3, and the Beavers came back to win in OT.

I really wanted to play UW again this season. I wanted revenge, and I thought we could take it. I also want WSU revenge, but I'm not as confident in taking it. I also worry about a Stanford rematch because it seemed they really figured our defense out in the 2nd half.
    Lol @chrisp. You gave that one away.

Apparently USC fired their line coach and Helton has taken over offensive play calling going forward. All is not well in Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Apparently USC fired their line coach and Helton has taken over offensive play calling going forward. All is not well in Troy.
    Anyone else and I might almost feel sorry for them.

I really wanted to play UW again this season. I wanted revenge, and I thought we could take it. I also want WSU revenge, but I'm not as confident in taking it. I also worry about a Stanford rematch because it seemed they really figured our defense out in the 2nd half.
    If UW wins out, which is not at all far-fetched, it will win the North. If I were betting, I'd still pick the Huskies.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    If UW wins out, which is not at all far-fetched, it will win the North. If I were betting, I'd still pick the Huskies.
    Even with that trigger happy doofus as coach?

Oregon is bipolar. They look unbeatable at times, and they look completely hopeless at times. I want the hopeless version on Sat.
    14-3 for oregon in the second quarter
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla