Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Browning sure is impressive. Hell...the entire team is just impressive. And, it all starts with Petersen, even though it's only his 3rd year -- certainly kicked Utah's a$$ at BSU.
    Last edited by justaute; 10-08-2016 at 07:19 PM.

The Oregon QB appears to be pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    The south:

Utah, ASU, and CU at 2-1
    USC 2-2
    UCLA 1-2
    Arizona 0-3
    Yay! We're in first place as we have the tiebreaker by virtue of beating USC.

If we can get to 7-1 leading into Washington, think that merits another Gameday appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Yay! We're in first place as we have the tiebreaker by virtue of beating USC.

If we can get to 7-1 leading into Washington, think that merits another Gameday appearance?
    I don't know if we will have enough healthy players left to field a team by then.

I was wondering the same thing last night. I just checked the schedule. Clemson/FSU is that week, and Wisconsin/Nebraska. No other games involve two currently ranked teams. I think an 8-0 UW @ 7-1 Utah would have a decent shot. Root against FSU for the next few weeks.
    LOL. As if anyone here doesn't root against FSU every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing last night. I just checked the schedule. Clemson/FSU is that week, and Wisconsin/Nebraska. No other games involve two currently ranked teams. I think an 8-0 UW @ 7-1 Utah would have a decent shot. Root against FSU for the next few weeks.
    You can scratch Wisconsin-Nebraska. Game's in Madison, and Gameday ain't going there 2 times in three weeks (it's there this week for Ohio State-Wisconsin).

There's a good case for Clemson-FSU, as Gameday hasn't been to Tallahassee since 2014, and was in SLC last year. But let's face facts -- unlike last year, when we were on top of the marquee -- Washington is the draw. And UW hasn't been part of a Gameday as host or visitor since 2013 (at No. 2 Oregon). That ended a decade-long absence from GameDay, and their resurgence is arguably one of the three biggest stories in CFB this year.

I would say 7-1 Utah/8-0 Washington would have more than a decent shot at being selected -- it would be a mortal lock. Unless there's some SEC game that's gonna determine if someone's bowl eligible.

Wazzu is 0-5 on FG's this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-state-cougars

I wonder if Leach will just start going for it on 4th down like Urban did a few years ago.

WTF? "Vacant"?

What kind of demented devilry is this?

That's good stuff. Thanks.

I made a mistake when I said 8-0 UW vs 7-1 Utah. The Huskies have a bye, so it would be a 7-0 vs 7-1 game.

Gotta get it done twice on the road first!
    More ammo for Gameday in SLC on Oct. 29. I thought maybe Gameday would hold out for the Apple Cup in Pullman. It can kill two birds with one stone (UW resurgence, Wazzu's flag contribution to Gameday), but that game's on a Friday.

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Why Chris Petersen made QB Jake Browning do 500 push-ups at practice

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/...mates-loved-it

This reminds me of John Wooden. When all is said and done, Chris Peterson is going to be remembered as one of the great PAC-12 coaches.

The moment that led to those 500 push-ups:

Last edited by LA Ute; 10-13-2016 at 07:06 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Well, at least we are only 10th in the conference academically (according to the Wall Street Journal).

If College Football’s Rankings Were Based on Academics...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-...93728?mod=e2fb

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Why Chris Petersen made QB Jake Browning do 500 push-ups at practice

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/...mates-loved-it

This reminds me of John Wooden. When all is said and done, Chris Peterson is going to be remembered as one of the great PAC-12 coaches.

The moment that led to those 500 push-ups:

Do we assume Chris Peterson is pretty well entrenched at UW just because he stayed at Boise so long while constantly being in high demand? I'm just wondering because I never hear his name mentioned when people speculate about schools with openings (or soon-to-be openings) like LSU and Texas. If I'm LSU I throw everything I can at Peterson. Would he take it? Or would he rather take his inevitable raise and stay at UW?

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Do we assume Chris Peterson is pretty well entrenched at UW just because he stayed at Boise so long while constantly being in high demand? I'm just wondering because I never hear his name mentioned when people speculate about schools with openings (or soon-to-be openings) like LSU and Texas. If I'm LSU I throw everything I can at Peterson. Would he take it? Or would he rather take his inevitable raise and stay at UW?
    UW is a pretty cushy gig. You can win a lot if you can beat Stanford and the Ducks, and it's a fertile recruiting locale. I'd need a lot of money to leave Seattle for Baton Rouge.

Wazzu is real. The north is stacked. And the buffs? Wtf? I hope we have our 7th string center by the time we play them.

Colorado is much improved. They look good. BUT, why do we forget how they looked vs two teams that we are just as good as, if not better than:

Michigan
    USC

Colorado lost both games.

Can Colorado beat us? Yup.

We should win that game. We are better than they are. The Colorado game will be like it always is: one score game.

I like our chances in those games. Our defense and coaching and Troy Williams.

We will beat Washington and Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Wazzu is real. The north is stacked. And the buffs? Wtf? I hope we have our 7th string center by the time we play them.
    I'm glad we don't play WSU. They match up too well vs us. They are to us as we are to Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I'm glad we don't play WSU. They match up too well vs us. They are to us as we are to Stanford.
    For several years, Utah's defensive weakness was against the spread option, especially the RPOs. Utah has now figured that out for the most part and now our nemesis is the Air Raid/Bear Raid offense. Next year we'll get Wazzu back on the schedule but won't play Cal.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The sun still has not risen in Eugene. It may never again.

The Beavs are -37 vs. the Huskies. If I were a better I'd take the points and bet the farm.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    The Beavs are -37 vs. the Huskies. If I were a better I'd take the points and bet the farm.
    who is their qb this week? I am surprised there is even a line for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    who is their qb this week? I am surprised there is even a line for that game.
    I think the one who threw that second touchdown against us.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Sounds like Rosen is playing.

Blog Entries
    The sun has still not come out in Eugene. After tonight, I expect it may disappear until March Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    The sun has still not come out in Eugene. After tonight, I expect it may disappear until March Madness.
    Such a bizarro season. Going into November, I expect we'll beat the Ducks and lose to the Buffalos. When was the last time that was even possible?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    There is always basketball, right?

Pathetic crowd at Cal for this game tonight. Less than half full at kick off.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

If Cal can win out, they'd have a great shot to win the North. So, we should all be Cal fans and hope they win out.

Blog Entries
    I feel like the Oregon offense was doing alright this season until they made the qb change.
    Prukup wasn't impressing anyone and wasn't going to do anything special, but changing to the freshman was an attempt at smoke screen. That way any progress the rest of the way can be pointed as "look we were young, playing a true freshman QB. Made some strides as the year progressed". Never mind that the defense is ranked something like 125 in the country.

Over the next 5 weeks the only teams that I care about winning, and hopefully by very wide margins, are in this order
    Go Bucs! Go Jameis!
    Go Saints!
    Go Cards!
    Go Patriots!
    Go Dolphins!

C'mon Stanford! Beat the Buffs! Right, Sancho?

Buffs win...bowl eligible for the first time since 2007. Alright guys, go back to being average.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.