Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Is the red sox bandwagon still a thing?

The alligator rolls are weird. They aren't hurting people, so they don't bug me. But they're weird, man. It's not a natural motion at all, and it's not a proper tackling move. That's why it stands out and gets sent around - because you just don't see it every day.

BYU's play always impacts Utah, and vice versa. We compete for the same recruits every year. Plus, if Utah can manage 6 wins, we are a near lock to meet in the Vegas Bowl.
    I grew up in New England, so I don't have my finger on the pulse of Utah MLB bandwagon.

How's that Fresno defense looking?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this response. Are you saying I'm wrong?
    No, you're totally right. *wink*

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge's Pole View Post
    No, you're totally right. *wink*
    The *wink* obviously implies sarcasm about your statement.

I was giving BYU credit in comparing them to Michigan. You seem to disagree with the implication being we wanted to step down our competition level. With that in mind, which powerhouse did we decide not to play in order to step down to Michigan if it wasn't BYU?

Edit: someone ought to move these last few over to the BYU thread. Containment, as senioritis said.
    This is all LAUTe's fault! Trying to act like this is about the Bruins? For shame.

Oh, I can assure you it's pretty bad. And they all claim to have grown up in New England. *wink*
    Good thing I don't live in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    This is all LAUTe's fault! Trying to act like this is about the Bruins? For shame.
    I put it here because this is a thread about our conference rivals. UCLA is in our conference and has a high-profile game this Saturday against BYU. So I think I am well within accepted rules. If you want relief, you're going to have to go to a court of equity.

Hey, Pudge, welcome to our board. I'll have you know that I grew up in Salt Lake City and have been a Red Sox fan since 1967. No bandwagon for me. It is too bad that they are so terrible this year. I am taking solace from my Dodgers' fine season, but it's early. There is still time for them to choke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Hey, Pudge, welcome to our board. I'll have you know that I grew up in Salt Lake City and have been a Red Sox fan since 1967. No bandwagon for me.
    So you became a fan the year Yaz won the triple crown? sounds like a bandwagoner to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    So you became a fan the year Yaz won the triple crown? sounds like a bandwagoner to me.
    Yep, I was in 7th grade. But I've remained a Red Sox fan through thick and thin every since. (There was a lot more thin than thick.) These guys who jumped on in 2004 are not real Red Sox fans.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Yep, I was in 7th grade. But I've remained a Red Sox fan through thick and thin every since. (There was a lot more thin than thick.) These guys who jumped on in 2004 are not real Red Sox fans.
    I took a lot of Red Sox smack for wearing Cardinals stuff in October of 2004 when I didn't know those same people even liked baseball a month before.

I was raised a Red Sox fan. My dad started following the Sox in the late 50's and passed it on to me.

Pick the winner and who beats the spread.

UNM @ ASU -26 - ASU wins but does not cover
    UNLV @ Mich - 34.5 - Michigan wins but does not cover.
    Ga. St. @ Oregon - 44.5 - Oregon wins and covers
    USU @ UW - 7.5 - UW wins but does not cover
    CSU vs CU - 3.5 - CSU wins
    Cal - 7 @ Texas - Texas wins
    SJSU @ Ore. St. -7 - Ore. St. wins and covers
    Stanford @ USC - 9.5 - USC wins and covers
    WYO @ WSU - 24.5 - WSU wins and covers
    BYU @ UCLA -16 - UCLA wins but does not cover
    Utah - 14 @ Fresno - Utah wins and covers.
    N Ariz @ UA - no line

Oregon is winning but they look horrible today. And the uniforms are hideous, of course. They very nearly gave up a safety on a kickoff. Very poor decisions right now.

Cal looking alright against Texas. Goff is for real, but their defense is spotty.

Look for usc over stanford. Big.

Dalton Schultz getting time on the field for stanford. Should be a Ute.

Not sure you are correct. The kid gets more catches a game than our tight ends and he'll get better.

There are two linebackers for usc that don't see the field. Silver linings.

Oregon state on upset alert. It's early, but the Gary Anderson era is off to a slow start.

Too many good games going on at once right now!

Twitter says Cooper Bateman is starting for Bama tonight.
    6-6 so far. I guess he's not going to transfer.

Buffs encroaching on our kick off time...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

USC falls to Stanford.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Northwestern must be amazing.

Not necessarily . But they are on the rise. Nice few wins for them.

Sark #1 on conference hot seat list?
    Sark has to wait until he gets home to drown his sorrows.

Sark #1 on conference hot seat list?
    Easily #1

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Mora remembers that he can run the football. Unfortunately he just put UCLA up by 1 with 3 minutes to go.

BYU has UCLA right where they want them.

Just keep dreamin,' dreamin.'

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Hearty shout out to Stanford and UCLA. They really helped us.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Mora remembers that he can run the football. Unfortunately he just put UCLA up by 1 with 3 minutes to go.

BYU has UCLA right where they want them.
    The magic didn't happen. But the BYU fans are still projecting 11-1 and a Final Four slot.

--Yeats

The loss today sealed BYU's Vegas bid. Now we have to do our part and get to bowl eligibility. I do still think we will play each other in December.
    ? They have an either or bid to Hawaii or Vegas this year.

How does it work? I thought they were locked in?
    That has changed the last two years.

Last year it was Miami Beach, this year Hawaii. They still have Vegas. I'm not sure who chooses first.