Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
Another week another impressive unimpressive win for Oregon. Prukup made some real strides and I think is finding some mojo in the Oregon offense, spreading the ball around and using his weapons. It was awesome to see Pharaoh Brown get into the end zone last night after his sickening injury in SLC 2 years ago, they were close that night to amputating his leg so pretty amazing what doctors, science and dedication to recovery can do. Royce really might be the best RB Oregon has ever had, he is so fun to watch. The defense played an awesome first half, then fell asleep again in the second and started giving up big plays and sustained drives. I am not sure if it is depth or scheme or what, but this problem needs to be addressed soon or it will cost games.

One of my favorite subtle things to watch over the last 3 seasons has been swagger filled DBs get caught off guard when this white boy Devon Allen runs right by them again and again, eventually the DBs swagger becomes chippy play and then a breakdown for a big play. I had thought with Allen's olympic success that might change, but sure enough the UVA DBs started off with a lot of head bobbing and trash talk then by the third quarter it was tackling him on every punt coverage and late chips, culminated in him torching them deep and hurdling in the end zone.

I'm concerned about next week, but Mike Riley gives me some hope. Colorado finding an explosive offense has me thinking September could get ugly.
Same game we lost Tim Patrick to his gruesome leg break for 2 years.

Both those guys are fortunate those injuries happened a mile from such a good hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk