Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Scratch that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I'm GA I don't put Collins back in this game. I don't see anything to gain. Guess he does.

Diehard, did you live in the neighborhood below Highland at about 36th south? My SIL lived 3 houses down from Ty Corbin when he lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    If I'm GA I don't put Collins back in this game. I don't see anything to gain. Guess he does.

No kidding. He's not running, but he's still been hit a couple times this second half.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Diehard, did you live in the neighborhood below Highland at about 36th south? My SIL lived 3 houses down from Ty Corbin when he lived there.
    Yup. We were the first house if you came in from Highland. Only lived there two years. HOA got weird and the subsidized housing behind us caused some issues (such as a knife being thrown at my dad once)

My SIL lived around the corner, about 2nd house on the right. They were there between about '93-'96.

I like the black ribbon with and UCC on the field at Autzen. Classy move to support the community after a tragedy. They are also giving free tickets and swag to students and family from UCC.

You guys are a wealth of classic Jazz tales. My only rubs are the time Mark Eaton played hoops in my driveway for a commercial or something. Then being the only patron probably in the history of the eating establishment known as Brown Bear's Burgers and Dogs. It wasn't great dining, but it was located next door to Movies 10, where I was gainfully employed during high school.

Great come from behind, 2OT win by WSU.

Now lets put a beatdown on the Care Bears!

There's just not a lot of separation in the PAC. Wazzu played Cal tough in Berkeley, then beat Oregon, in Eugene, revealing Oregon as nowhere near what they were last year. Washington is tough. Oregon State is getting roughed up, but they'll be primed when they come to SLC.

UCLA and USC have issues, but are still very talented. USC's internal issues were revealed a little on Thursday, after Kessler threw his first pick, Sarkesian tried to get in his grille, and Kessler said "relax coach", and walked away, according to the sideline reporter.
    They'll be playing for pride in 2 weeks when we visit the Coliseum, but Sarkesian is in serious trouble.

Neither Arizona school will be easy, and Colorado is still fighting. By ranking and record, we're the favorites, but we could easily just be in the middle of a pretty even PAC south, by December.

Per multiple Twitter reports, Pat Haden sent Sark home today.

Team has been told Clay Helton is the 'interim' coach and Sark is on a 'leave of absence' at Haden's request.

Further reports indicate Sark "showed up in no condition to work"

Hoping USC can get him some help. He obviously has some demons.

CBS reporting Sarkisian taking an indefinite leave of absence.

Tastes way too much like 2013 with the Utes rolling into the Colosseum in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    CBS reporting Sarkisian taking an indefinite leave of absence.
    Here's the ESPN article
    http://espn.go.com/losangeles/colleg...-leave-absence
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Kinda wish this had happened last year when we were in recruiting battles with usc.
    I wonder if there's any kids that look out way because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Kinda wish this had happened last year when we were in recruiting battles with usc.
    I kinda wish it didn't happen for a couple more weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Tastes way too much like 2013 with the Utes rolling into the Colosseum in two weeks.

Yes! What is the deal wth USC/Haden fixing head coach issues just in time for the Trojans to re-group for a game against us??

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

@InsideUSC: BREAKING: #USC players said they smelled alcohol on Steve Sarkisian's breath during team meeting this morning

#standwithsark

get better, steve.

the byu community is 100% behind you.
    Last edited by Viking; 10-11-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Week 5
    1. Utah: the Oregon win means nothing if you don't win this week. CGD on campus against a ranked team should make RES a cauldron of noise and intensity.
    2. USC: Sark goes against his former team at home on Thursday night.
    3. Stanford: that Northwestern loss doesn't look so bad, and the Cardinal look like a 10-win team.
    4. Cal: didn't make it easy on themselves against Wazzou, but got the job done. A huge opportunity for them in Salt Lake.
    5. UCLA: a young, banged-up team took their lumps at home to Sparky. They'll cherish the bye week.
    6. ASU: a season-saving win in Pasadena, and they get the hapless Buffs at home.
    7. Oregon: a decent bounce-back W on the road in Boulder. Wazzou plays the Ducks tough.
    8. Washington: they're lightly-regarded, but a win at USC would cause the nation to sit up and take notice.
    9. Wazzou: played Cal very tough, and they have an opportunity to catch the Ducks sulking.
    10. Arizona: a Top-25 team when healthy, but minus Solomon and Wright they're quite poor.
    11. Oregon St: a long road ahead for Andersen, but this is a great time to catch the Wildcats.
    12. Colorado: hanged tough with Oregon, but couldn't finish.
    Week 6
    1. Utah: defense is swarming, and the offense did just enough. ASU is a huge monkey on Utah's back, and they come to town.
    2. Stanford: follow up their bye week with a massive Thursday night game against UCLA.
    3. UCLA: also coming off of a bye week, they can get back on track in the P12 with a win in Palo Alto.
    4. Cal: Plenty of opportunities, but hard to overcome 6 turnovers. They'll use the bye to get on track.
    5. USC: 0-2 in the P12 at home, and now they're without their HC. Big rivalry game in South Bend.
    6. ASU: comfortable victory against the Buffs, and they throw the P12 south into chaos with a win in SLC.
    7. Washington: Big win for Petersen at USC. Beating Oregon for the first time in 12 years would make the season for the Husky fan base.
    8. Wazzou: what a circuitous route to 3-2. They're almost certain to be 4-2 against the hapless Beavs.
    9. Arizona: convincing victory at home, and they have an easy road trip to Boulder.
    10. Oregon: yikes. Two ten-point leads blown, and it doesn't get easier this week in Seattle.
    11. Colorado: still significantly behind the rest of the P12 south.
    12. Oregon St: I don't see another win on the schedule. Andersen has a lot of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Week 6
    1. Utah: defense is swarming, and the offense did just enough. ASU is a huge monkey on Utah's back, and they come to town.
    2. Stanford: follow up their bye week with a massive Thursday night game against UCLA.
    3. UCLA: also coming off of a bye week, they can get back on track in the P12 with a win in Palo Alto.
    4. Cal: Plenty of opportunities, but hard to overcome 6 turnovers. They'll use the bye to get on track.
    5. USC: 0-2 in the P12 at home, and now they're without their HC. Big rivalry game in South Bend.
    6. ASU: comfortable victory against the Buffs, and they throw the P12 south into chaos with a win in SLC.
    7. Washington: Big win for Petersen at USC. Beating Oregon for the first time in 12 years would make the season for the Husky fan base.
    8. Wazzou: what a circuitous route to 3-2. They're almost certain to be 4-2 against the hapless Beavs.
    9. Arizona: convincing victory at home, and they have an easy road trip to Boulder.
    10. Oregon: yikes. Two ten-point leads blown, and it doesn't get easier this week in Seattle.
    11. Colorado: still significantly behind the rest of the P12 south.
    12. Oregon St: I don't see another win on the schedule. Andersen has a lot of work to do.
    IMHO, you have USC 2 spots too high.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    They will likely be in a state of great disarray, just in time to travel to South Bend to get their butts whipped.

it's tough, because USC has h2h against ASU, but UW has h2h against USC.

Top 3 are locked in, and the bottom 2 won't change. Those middle 7, though, there isn't much separation between 4 and 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    get better, steve.

the byu community is 100% behind you.
    merged into an existing thread?? come on...

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    get better, steve.
    I'll join in this wish.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Based on preseason hype, I'd think the average SC fan feels like the season is scrap metal now. Don't see Sark surviving this with his job intact. Guessing Whittingham and a few other elite coaches are on being loaded on Haden's speed dial.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Based on preseason hype, I'd think the average SC fan feels like the season is scrap metal now. Don't see Sark surviving this with his job intact. Guessing Whittingham and a few other elite coaches are on being loaded on Haden's speed dial.
    I don't let Haden make this call, but he's insulated by a lot of "his guys" -- J.T. McKay being one. Until we know Haden's future, it seems premature to guess on who they'll go after.

Never underestimate their talent level.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Yowzas. The game in two weeks will be the new coach's first home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Yowzas. The game in two weeks will be the new coach's first home game.
    I can't decide if that helps or hurts the Utes.
    I lean towards hurt, if only because I think USC has really good talent that might actually receive some direction now.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.