Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Apparently he is being investigated for two separate incidents--one in SLC and one in LA.
    Right. Maybe there's a connection between the two, but it seems unlikely that he is being falsely accused in two separate incidents right now. It doesn't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Apparently he is being investigated for two separate incidents--one in SLC and one in LA.
    It is more likely there was only one incident, it happened in SLC, and the LAPD happens to be assisting.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    It is more likely there was only one incident, it happened in SLC, and the LAPD happens to be assisting.
    Yeah, I got the impression it was a SLC-led investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Yeah, I got the impression it was a SLC-led investigation.
    Nope. There's two.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ultiple-states

As expected Skordas is his attorney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Nope. There's two.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ultiple-states

As expected Skordas is his attorney

Sad.

Damn. http://deadspin.com/report-usc-footb...hat-1786079046

You don't wish that on anyone. That's heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    You don't wish that on anyone. That's heartbreaking.
    If true, I don't have much sympathy for Masina. Drugging a girl? That's some messed up stuff.

If true, I don't have much sympathy for Masina. Drugging a girl? That's some messed up stuff.

Even if it was "consentual" (as he apparently claims), sending pics to the ex boyfriend, if true, will destroy his career, college at least.

Caught a bit of the Oregon St. game last night. They look improved...and actually kinda choked that game away vs. Minnesota. They could be a little bit more of a tougher out this year.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Did they find the drug in her blood?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Toxicology likely isn't back yet. It's a slow process. Usually at least 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    One of the articles (Deadspin, I think) stated that the female had taken Xanax and been drinking around the first incident in LA. No mention of whether ingesting the substances was voluntary on her part.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    One of the articles (Deadspin, I think) stated that the female had taken Xanax and been drinking around the first incident in LA. No mention of whether ingesting the substances was voluntary on her part.
    I think it's the Utah incident where it insinuated she was drugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I think it's the Utah incident where it insinuated she was drugged.

OK. That makes sense.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Yeah. I will wait to pass any judgement until we learn more, but anyone that drugs anyone and rapes them doesn't deserve to be free. No one deserves to have that happen to them. Disgusting.

Colorado looks very good tonight. Is this their year to go bowling? I say yes.

Colorado looks very good tonight. Is this their year to go bowling? I say yes.
    to hell with them. I hate those pricks.

CSU has that deer in the headlights look. MacIntryre did a heckuva job at SJSU. They'll be competitive in the P12 in the near future. No more the pansies of the conference.....
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

McCaffrey will be the best player on the field every game this season.....including this KSU game. Makes defenders look silly.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Washington is playing well. But Rutgers looks far worse than SUU.

Watching Azeem Victor for UW, he's going to get a taunting penalty. It's only a matter of time. He's in someone's face mask after every play.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    In that case, who will take their spot as pansies of the conference? There always has to be someone.
    Yep, the conference needs a bottom dweller in both divisions. I was listening to a podcast several weeks ago that was previewing some of the teams. When they discussed Colorado they said this could be the year they break through to six wins and a bowl. As they put it, "If Colorado goes 6-6 then everybody (in the division) is going 6-6." Obviously that's hyperbole, but the concept is true: If every team in the division is tough then there won't be a dominant team that comes out with a chance at the playoff.

So, if CU is going to be competent then somebody else needs to fall apart. Arizona schools, I'm looking in your direction.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    So, if CU is going to be competent then somebody else needs to fall apart. Arizona schools, I'm looking in your direction.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Washington state trying to make it two years in a row against fcs teams.

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Say what you want about Larry's use of TO's, but RichRod burning one with :01 left in the 1Q is mind boggling.

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I was kinda shocked by the USC score. I thought they'd at least play a respectable game.

It wasn't the worst-case scenario for the Trojans, but it was pretty close. Alabama kept them out of the end zone, scored 52 points in three quarters and one USC player got booted for stomping on a downed opponent. It was one of the worst performances in school history. Not a good look.
    I'm never sad to see them lose, but wow.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what to make of Oregon after Satruday. Some of the defensive play was much better, other problems that existed last year seemed to be still as big of problem. Most concerning is that the offensive line struggled to open holes at the start of the game against an FCS team. I'm willing to write that off to nerves of 4 first time starters if they play well Saturday, however if they struggle again that will set an ominous tone for the entire season. Prukop made some good throws, but seemed eager to check down to the safety valve. I think it is safe to say that not a lot of Duck fans left Saturday afternoon thinking Oregon had found their flow again.

I would have a hard time having them #3 in that power ranking, I also would have a hard time having USC above #11. Wazzu wins the 12th spot for losing at home to an FCS team, but SC got hammered. That was no better than the second worst performance of the weekend.

Mark Hrlfrich needs to call EWU about Gage Gubrud. He can be their next grad transfer lifesaver.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark Hrlfrich needs to call EWU about Gage Gubrud. He can be their next grad transfer lifesaver.
    Thankfully it appears Oregon has 2-3 guys that will battle all year for the #2 spot and the starter next year. Hopefully they are 2-4 years away from needing to consider a grad transfer QB again.