Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.
    Does anyone know how she came to be with her alleged rapist two weeks later in Salt Lake. Did he kidnap her? How did her boyfriend in Arizona react to the snapchat pic? Is she still his girlfriend? When did she first tell police she was raped?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Does anyone know how she came to be with her alleged rapist two weeks later in Salt Lake. Did he kidnap her? How did her boyfriend in Arizona react to the snapchat pic? Is she still his girlfriend? When did she first tell police she was raped?
    You're probably going to have to wait for a hearing or a trial to get some of that information.

As to your last question from what I've seen in the media it was within a day or two of the Utah case. A sexual assault kit was completed so it was no more than 4 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    You're probably going to have to wait for a hearing or a trial to get some of that information.

As to your last question from what I've seen in the media it was within a day or two of the Utah case. A sexual assault kit was completed so it was no more than 4 days later.

When did she report the California incident, the one that was videotaped?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

When did she report the California incident, the one that was videotaped?
    I think it came out as part of her report here.

That's not uncommon really. Contrary to what the media portrays, the vast majority of sexual assaults are perpetrated by people who know the victim, and they often happen more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I kept thinking that about Taysom Hill. He would have been an all american linebacker under Whit.
    Stanford wanted to move him to defense, so he transferred to BYU. I've thought about that a lot. What if he played LB'er for Stanford? Does he still get hurt as much? Would he have left college a year or two ago as a first round draft pick? Maybe.

Now, he will become a high school OC in a year or two or will be selling t-shirts out of a Kneaders like the other BYU greats.

Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.
    Isn't the U of A player that Neves kid from Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Isn't the U of A player that Neves kid from Utah?
    Presumably, yes; he is the only player from Utah on Arizona's roster. didn't he play for Brigton at one point (of many)? Whoever the player was, he and Osa were apparently good friends before all of this. She is from here, went down to LA to visit OSA. Whether there was ever a snapchat is apparently hotly disputed.
    Last edited by concerned; 09-15-2016 at 11:43 AM.

If this is true, he's not only a serial rapist, he's a stupid, arrogant serial rapist. He may be going away for a while, and this may be the end of his football career. What. An. Idiot.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    If this is true, he's not only a serial rapist, he's a stupid, arrogant serial rapist. He may be going away for a while, and this may be the end of his football career. What. An. Idiot.
    Well, from what we can study on such things it's believed most perpetrators commit multiple assaults. I think the last data I saw in a training was 5-7 assaults before they're caught.

I have no idea whether he's guilty or not. Only time will tell.

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Well, from what we can study on such things it's believed most perpetrators commit multiple assaults. I think the last data I saw in a training was 5-7 assaults before they're caught.

I am glad he chose not to go to Utah. Otherwise Kyle would probably be dealing with something like this.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I am glad he chose not to go to Utah. Otherwise Kyle would probably be dealing with something like this.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Is it caught or convicted? Sincerely curious in light of what I shared here a few months back. It seemed at the time that because of the lack of ability to convict a lot of these scum bags are walking free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Is it caught or convicted? Sincerely curious in light of what I shared here a few months back. It seemed at the time that because of the lack of ability to convict a lot of these scum bags are walking free.
    Convictions are very difficult. From what was presented this was caught/reported rather than convicted.

They're tough cases, and regardless of the case juries are very unpredictable.

LA, I don't follow your line of reasoning here. The fact he allowed the incident to be photographed doesn't mean necessarily or even lead to the conclusion that he's a rapist. A good lawyer could make a contrary argument.

Can we let him get his due process, and only if he's convicted, call him a rapist on a public forum? I note that he's a very young man, and a minority.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

LA, I don't follow your line of reasoning here. The fact he allowed the incident to be photographed doesn't mean necessarily or even lead to the conclusion that he's a rapist. A good lawyer could make a contrary argument.

Can we let him get his due process, and only if he's convicted, call him a rapist on a public forum? I note that he's a very young man, and a minority.
    The first four words of my post are "If this is true:"

--Yeats

I recall the original allegation was that she was drugged and unconscious at the time. That changes things. Hard to prove consent when the victim is unconscious.

Can this get it's own thread?

I hate these TMZ type threads and I realize I helped move it along. That's my bad.

The first four words of my post are "If this is true:"
    Since you were referring to the post about the snapchat, I assumed you were referring to that.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I recall the original allegation was that she was drugged and unconscious at the time. That changes things. Hard to prove consent when the victim is unconscious.
    The key words in your phrase.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Can this get it's own thread?

I hate these TMZ type threads and I realize I helped move it along. That's my bad.
    No. I think giving this its own thread is a very bad idea. It should remain buried here.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Stanford wanted to move him to defense, so he transferred to BYU. I've thought about that a lot. What if he played LB'er for Stanford? Does he still get hurt as much? Would he have left college a year or two ago as a first round draft pick? Maybe.

Now, he will become a high school OC in a year or two or will be selling t-shirts out of a Kneaders like the other BYU greats.
    No, he'll be making 6 figures working in finance somewhere. He almost didn't come back to play football because of the job opportunities in the finance world that were presented to him.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    No, he'll be making 6 figures working in finance somewhere. He almost didn't come back to play football because of the job opportunities in the finance world that were presented to him.
    Lol. I doubt it. Riley Nelson almost left his SR to go to medical school, yet he is coaching high school football now.

As of right now, I'll chalk this up as another cougarboard myth. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am. I wish everyone nothing but success.

But, I've heard that story many times before and very rarely does it pan out.

Chrisenrut is right. T Hall has a financial background and a future on Wall Street. He is no dummy.

Yes. T Hill had an internship on Wall Street last year and after the summer he left to play football again rather than get hired in.

He will go straight back to something like that in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Which is fine, I guess. But being an NFL linebacker is 1,000 times cooler and at least 100 times more noble.
    Apparently you are unfamiliar with Gordon Gekko

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Which is fine, I guess. But being an NFL linebacker is 1,000 times cooler and at least 100 times more noble.
    I don't disagree, but he can be Gordon Gecko for 30+ years, whereas he could only be an NFL LB for 3-7.

Since you were referring to the post about the snapchat, I assumed you were referring to that.
    No, I was referring to the entire story. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty.

--Yeats

No, I was referring to the entire story. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty.
    I apologize for the misunderstanding.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Apparently if he played for Utah, he would never be guilty! I'm so happy none of our guys ever face justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Apparently if he played for Utah, he would never be guilty! I'm so happy none of our guys ever face justice.

Which is strange, because he made his $250,000 bail far faster than Hatfield made his. (Which I believe was much lower, and Masina bailed out an hour or two ago)

Of course if they're referring to CBB, his charges weren't eligible for booking under current SL County Jail Booking restrictions.