Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    It would matter if we lost one of the next two and won in Boulder. No?
    let's say we lose to asu and beat Colorado and Oregon. We tie with Colo and usc if Colo loses to another one and usc loses one more. we would win the tiebreaker because of head to head matchups.

the only way we win the division with a loss to Colorado is if usc loses and we want that loss to be to Washington because if they go to the playoff the Rosebowl is open. we would win that tiebreaker because of our division record. in that scenario Colo would have two division losses (Arizona and usc) us and usc only would have one division loss and we win the tie with usc

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    let's say we lose to asu and beat Colorado and Oregon. We tie with Colo and usc if Colo loses to another one and usc loses one more. we would win the tiebreaker because of head to head matchups.

the only way we win the division with a loss to Colorado is if usc loses and we want that loss to be to Washington because if they go to the playoff the Rosebowl is open. we would win that tiebreaker because of our division record. in that scenario Colo would have two division losses (Arizona and usc) us and usc only would have one division loss and we win the tie with usc

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

I don't understand why AJ is assuming USC will beat Washington.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    You said Washington not Wazzu. They are different. Yes we want Wazzu to win but at this point we want Washington to finish undefeated because if we make the conf champ game most likely win or lose we are in the rose bowl in that scenario.
    I can't remember what I was trying to say. Posting on the fly. I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I am really hoping Armand Shyne returns one or two for a TD. Love # 23.
    I don't blame Mike Runge. He's pretty good, has the voice, is pretty polished, is part of the experience, by now. I really like how he announces the score when one team hasn't got on the scoreboard as "no score". Class.

But WHO is letting him struggle up there?

Does he have a spotter, or is he in some tiny between-the-walls-of-the-luxury-boxes crawl space, with a pair of binoculars and the microphone?

That kind of mistake is forgivable... for maybe the first half of the first game.

Maybe we need to start a movement to get Julian Blackmon's dad up there to help him out. It's got to be a joke among the team, by now.

SAVE MIKE RUNGE ! ! ! !

The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    That's the most disgusting thing on the internet.
    You obviously haven't visited CougarBoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    I don't blame Mike Runge. He's pretty good, has the voice, is pretty polished, is part of the experience, by now. I really like how he announces the score when one team hasn't got on the scoreboard as "no score". Class.

But WHO is letting him struggle up there?

Does he have a spotter, or is he in some tiny between-the-walls-of-the-luxury-boxes crawl space, with a pair of binoculars and the microphone?

That kind of mistake is forgivable... for maybe the first half of the first game.

Maybe we need to start a movement to get Julian Blackmon's dad up there to help him out. It's got to be a joke among the team, by now.

SAVE MIKE RUNGE ! ! ! !
    The U needs to have a transition in place. Runge is in his late 70's. The change is likely coming sooner rather than later.

Just saw this video clip. I'm embarrassed for Cal's defenders.

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Confer...4113700491801/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Wow...what a play by Ross.

Of course, those Cal "defenders" did stop us at the one-yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Just saw this video clip. I'm embarrassed for Cal's defenders.

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Confer...4113700491801/

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Wow...what a play by Ross.

Of course, those Cal "defenders" did stop us at the one-yard line.
    Yeah. I was talking about their secondary. Looks like they didn't eat their Wheaties yesterday.

--Yeats

Darnold of SC is just a stud. He's picking apart UW's defense.
    Last edited by justaute; 11-12-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Darnold of SC is just a stud. He's pick apart UW's defense.
    He's going to be a pain in the ass for the next couple of years.

Washington is finished.

CU is making some great plays and AZ can't seem to do anything consistently right.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

There are 5 good teams in the Pac-12. I don't think there's much separation between them right now, but I would rank them in this order: USC, UW, WSU, CU, Utah.

I think Utah has the worst conference loss of the five. WSU has the worst loss overall. USC has been the most impressive lately.

I'd rank them this way:

Group 1: Washington, Utah, USC

Group 2: WSU, Colorado

I'm this close to dropping Washington down a peg to group 2.

River Cracraft tore an ACL - Bad news for WSU

Sears decommitted from Duke and committed to USC.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Sears decommitted from Duke and committed to USC.

Interesting...Darnold is there for 3 years at least right? So if you are Sears you are at the earliest playing as a RS Sophomore.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Interesting...Darnold is there for 3 years at least right? So if you are Sears you are at the earliest playing as a RS Sophomore.

Darnold only has to be there one more year. If Darnold leaves as early as possible then Sears would be a RS freshman.

Wilner's power ratings. Utes land three on the all-conference injury team. He ranks the big 5 as CU, UW, WSU, USC, Utah.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/1...power-ratings/

Comment: Victory this week would secure the Utes’ third consecutive season of at least nine wins. Number of Pac-12 teams that have matched or exceeded that feat currently: None.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Wilner's power ratings. Utes land three on the all-conference injury team. He ranks the big 5 as CU, UW, WSU, USC, Utah.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/1...power-ratings/
    His power ratings are a joke. If we were Oregon or USC or Stanford (ie, had that brand), we'd be #2.

He'd write something about how if not for injuries we'd be undefeated or some garbage then state our case for the playoffs.

This is partly why I want a Rose Bowl almost more than the playoffs. We need to build that history and get that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    His power ratings are a joke. If we were Oregon or USC or Stanford (ie, had that brand), we'd be #2.
    Well, CU doesn't really have that brand either. I think reasonable people can disagree on how to rank the top 5. Just about any order is justifiable. The good news is that most of it will be settled on the field over the next three weeks. We have WSU @ CU, UW @ WSU, and Utah @ CU all before the conference title game.

There are now 6 Pac-12 teams in the top 25. The committee has seemingly thrown all nuance out the window and is using a very simple algorithm to rank teams: group teams by number of losses and rank them in those groups according to number of top 25 victories. That 25/26 line is completely arbitrary and extremely important.

The Big 6 and their record vs other big 6 teams:

USC: 1-2, no more reg season games remaining
    Utah: 1-1, one more to go
    UW: 2-1, one to go
    WSU: 1-0, two to go
    CU: 1-1, two to go
    Stanford: 1-3, no more

Utah, WSU, and USC will face 3 of the top 6 by the end of the regular season, and CU, Stanford, and UW will face 4.

Wilner's bowl projections. Pretty much echoes what we discussed yesterday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/1...new-years-six/

Comment: Not sure any team in the conference has a wider range of possible landing spots. Utes could win the title (Rose) or sneak into the NY6 (Cotton) or lose in Boulder and drop all the way to the Foster Farms and play in front of 20,000 in Levi’s Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Wilner's bowl projections. Pretty much echoes what we discussed yesterday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/1...new-years-six/
    Why isn't that true of CU also?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Why isn't that true of CU also?
    If Utah loses in Boulder, we end up 1-2 vs top 25 teams.

CU can lose to Utah, beat WSU, and still end up 2-2 vs top 25 teams. In that scenario, CU still might not fall to the Foster Farms.

Plus, I think there is an assumption that bowl games will be excited to take the first bowl-eligible Buffs team in ages.

If Utah wins the Pac 12 title, it's possible it'll have three wins over top 10 teams--depending on how USC, Colorado, and Washington fare. It's possible that would be the best two-loss resume in the nation. It's clear which teams (besides Utah) we should be rooting for.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post

He'd write something about how if not for injuries we'd be undefeated or some garbage then state our case for the playoffs.

This is partly why I want a Rose Bowl almost more than the playoffs. We need to build that history and get that respect.
    Lol I've seen everything now, people saying that Wilmer favors Oregon. The year they made the playoff he had them 5 or 6 in his last ballot before the bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Lol I've seen everything now, people saying that Wilmer favors Oregon. The year they made the playoff he had them 5 or 6 in his last ballot before the bowls.
    Utah (the poster) is prone to... uh... 'puffery'.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but the AD at ASU said that Todd Graham will be back next year.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.