Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Which is strange, because he made his $250,000 bail far faster than Hatfield made his. (Which I believe was much lower, and Masina bailed out an hour or two ago)

Of course if they're referring to CBB, his charges weren't eligible for booking under current SL County Jail Booking restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BYU fans, or a lot of the BYU fans that post over there, are some of the most disgusting, stupid people to walk the face of the earth.

HFN, what is wrong with your coach going for 2 every time? That's so obnoxious.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

I think Colorado is very good this year. If not for Liufau's injury they may or may not win that game but they certainly keep it very close until the end. (I was flipping between 3-4 very good games and trying to keep my children entertained during that time so I never heard what was the deal with his injury--was anything reported?)

Oregon State looks a little improved, enough to be dangerous. The Arizona schools have both regressed but are still very dangerous. There are no off weeks in the PAC 12. However, there are also no dominant teams. It's only week 3 and we're already down to Stanford and Washington as the only teams* with a chance to be competitive for the playoff (and I just don't see it with either of them). I think the PAC 12 is looking at a bunch of teams between 7-9 wins with a couple at the top winning 10. It's a year of parity/mediocrity.

*I think Utah is good but I don't think we're "compete for the playoff" good.

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oregon's window I believe has closed. Hopefully they can in the next few years find a spark to create a new window.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Oregon's window I believe has closed. Hopefully they can in the next few years find a spark to create a new window.
    They can bring Chip back when he's fired after two 49er seasons.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    They can bring Chip back when he's fired after two 49er seasons.
    Then I would have a testimony of prayer working!

Wow, Cal up on Texas 35-33, just before half time. That's a basketball type score.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I've been going over during commercials. Seems like I see a td every time.
    Then the third quarter is scoreless.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Blog Entries
    Devon Allen out for the year, torn ACL. The wheels are officially coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Wow, Cal up on Texas 35-33, just before half time. That's a basketball type score.

Did you see where Jordan beat Taylorsville 91-83 a couple of weeks ago?
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Devon Allen out for the year, torn ACL. The wheels are officially coming off.
    As well as Crosby. Bad weekend.

The Beavers getting worked by the Broncos today.

Beavs showing some fight coming back.

CU looking fierce, up 23-7 in Eugene.

Impressive comeback for the Vols, from down 21-3 to up 24-21. They had two turnovers inside the UF 10, this could be a UT rout.

No Sefo? No problem.

Colorado up 23-7 over the Ducks.

I wish we could swap boise for osu in the Pac 12.
    For football, yes.

For everything else, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    For football, yes.

For everything else, hell no.
    with all due respect to Oregon St, where are they superior to Boise? Corvallis is gorgeous, but they aren't much to write home about academically, and they don't have a whole lot going on athletically.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    No Sefo? No problem.

Colorado up 23-7 over the Ducks.
    Bad news for two reasons. First, and most important, I'm out of the survivor pool (but I'll have lots of company). Second, CU might be decent this season. We always seem to struggle against the Buffs in that final game of the season.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Ducks are winning now.

Buffs have looked good all year. They are putting up a lot of points. Don't worry, though. I'm going to the game in Boulder. Utah will win for me.
    You damn well better remember the lucky button!

Driving for the win Prukop throws a pick in the endzone. CU should get the victory.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    with all due respect to Oregon St, where are they superior to Boise? Corvallis is gorgeous, but they aren't much to write home about academically, and they don't have a whole lot going on athletically.
    And yet they are miles ahead of Boise in both measurements.

Ducks are winning now.

Buffs have looked good all year. They are putting up a lot of points. Don't worry, though. I'm going to the game in Boulder. Utah will win for me.

South is wide open!
    OK, Sancho. We're now depending on you. It'd be a shame if something went wrong and we had to hold you accountable. Probably a good idea for your lucky button and you to keep that in mind.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Arizona is just gashing Washington's Defense. Scary.

Boise is a very good truck driving school. And most of their school budget goes into football.

Uh? Boise is so so far ahead of Oregon St in football that even being worse in other sports, they are still light years ahead of OSU athletically.

Maybe you are right about academics. Who knows or cares?
    Shut the fuck up. Oregon State had a top five finish, won the Pac 10, and beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl (41-9) as recently as 2001. And they had to play real teams for an entire season, unlike those Boise teams ever have had to do. And academics does matter. Does Boise even have graduate programs? Oregon State has a solid basketball tradition. Go back more than 15 years and it has a better history than the Ducks.

I think it's extremely déclassé and ingracious and lacking in self-awareness for Ute fans to be throwing stones at schools outside California and Seattle. Stop acting like a nouveau riche prick.

There's as much basis for wanting to trade Arizona State for Boise as Oregon State.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 09-24-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Oregon State also buried Boise the last time they played one another in a bowl, in 2013.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Oregon State also buried Boise the last time they played one another in a bowl, in 2013.
    Also, winning the CWS x 2 has to count for something.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Wow. I had no idea my BSU/OSU comment would hit such a nerve.......

LOL, even with over 6,000 posts you're not really a valuable contributor to the board until the smartest guy in the room has descended from his lofty perch to dress you down. Cheer up, you've finally arrived!

PS. He's right. As a whole BSU can't hold OSU's jockstrap or pocket calculator.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Shut the fuck up. Oregon State had a top five finish, won the Pac 10, and beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl (41-9) as recently as 2001. And they had to play real teams for an entire season, unlike those Boise teams ever have had to do. And academics does matter. Does Boise even have graduate programs? Oregon State has a solid basketball tradition. Go back more than 15 years and it has a better history than the Ducks.

I think it's extremely déclassé and ingracious and lacking in self-awareness for Ute fans to be throwing stones at schools outside California and Seattle. Stop acting like a nouveau riche prick.

There's as much basis for wanting to trade Arizona State for Boise as Oregon State.
    I agree!!!

Blog Entries
    I don't know why come Monday or Tuesday my mind starts to think that things might not be as bad as they are and that Oregon has a good chance to win on Saturday. Falk could throw for 700+ on Saturday night.

I don't know why come Monday or Tuesday my mind starts to think that things might not be as bad as they are and that Oregon has a good chance to win on Saturday. Falk could throw for 700+ on Saturday night.
    I like the ducks this week. They should play with a Chip on their shoulder (too soon?) and Wazzu has a way of making you believe they have turned a corner before crapping the bed.