Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    BREAKING: Oregon running back Thomas Tyner out for season following shoulder surgery

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/breaking-...oulder-surgery
    I like our chances against Freeman more than Tyner. Not like they don't have 3 more 4* guys waiting to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I like our chances against Freeman more than Tyner. Not like they don't have 3 more 4* guys waiting to step in.
    Really? Freeman looks great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Really? Freeman looks great to me.
    My comment wasn't so much based on talent, but more on style. Freeman is a solid power back where opposed to Oregon's typical slight and shift backs. I like our defense better against the straight ahead guy than the around the edges guy.

My comment wasn't so much based on talent, but more on style. Freeman is a solid power back where opposed to Oregon's typical slight and shift backs. I like our defense better against the straight ahead guy than the around the edges guy.
    Yeah, but they have a million more run-around-the-edges-guys. There's only one Royce Freeman, and he's gonna set it all up for Oregon.

Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams takes his final test on Thursday to see if he can play for the Ducks this season. I bet that's one nervous kid. And fan base.

Arizona's starting Center is out for the year. He started the fiesta bowl last year and was projected as the starter this year.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Per Bruce Feldman, today is the day that we find out if Vernon Adams will play at Oregon.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Per Bruin Report Snoop Dogg's kid had failed to report for camp at UCLA and has quit the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Per Bruin Report Snoop Dogg's kid had failed to report for camp at UCLA and has quit the team.

Wow, all that hype and ESPN recruiting special and he doesn't even show up.

Eastern Washington QB Vernon Adams takes his final test on Thursday to see if he can play for the Ducks this season. I bet that's one nervous kid. And fan base.
    Eh. Eastern Eashington isn't exactly Harvard.
    good for the kid. Go make the Big Sky proud!
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Wow, all that hype and ESPN recruiting special and he doesn't even show up.
    Their full report indicates he's quitting football all together.

He participated in their summer session and is enrolled. Guess Snoop was the one who always pushed him to play ball and the speculation is he's done playing for his dad.

He participated in their summer session and is enrolled. Guess Snoop was the one who always pushed him to play ball and the speculation is he's done playing for his dad.

Just found the article. At the end of the day, if you don't have the love for the game, beyond high school is very difficult to play. It just takes too much dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Just found the article. At the end of the day, if you don't have the love for the game, beyond high school is very difficult to play. It just takes too much dedication.
    UCLA has since released a statement saying Mora was informed by Broadus he wants to follow his passion for film with his filmmaking company.

As you say I'd rather see someone say this isn't for me than fake it.

I hope this means that they plan on renewing the TV show with him and his dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Eh. Eastern Eashington isn't exactly Harvard.
    good for the kid. Go make the Big Sky proud!
    Officially added to the Oregon roster yesterday.

Sark gets blasted at alumni function, gets chewed out by Pat Haden. Hilarious.

http://deadspin.com/steve-sarkisian-...and-1725988506

If I compiled rankings of the Pac-12 Coaches I'd be Most Embarrassed to Have Coaching My Team, it's tough to say whether Sark or Jim Mora would be No. 1. But there's no doubt they're in the Top 2. Pretty wide gap from there to the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

If I compiled rankings of the Pac-12 Coaches I'd be Most Embarrassed to Have Coaching My Team, it's tough to say whether Sark or Jim Mora would be No. 1. But there's no doubt they're in the Top 2. Pretty wide gap from there to the rest of the league.
    Here it is:

1. Leach
    2. Sark
    3. Mora
    4. Graham
    5. Anderson
    6-12. Everyone else

Pressure's on for Sark. USC is back to full strength, full of big time recruits. Anything less than 9-4 lands Sark square on the hot seat.

And here I thought that Whit kept a tight practice.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-crew/related/

Why Mora? I always kind of liked him.

Whoops. Sarkisian's drunken rant at a booster event gets him in hot water.

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...nt-drunen-rant

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Sounds like the guy is in a downward spiral. Those excusing this away as poor judgement or isolated incident, I'm not sure I agree. You just don't make blunders like this when you are a HC at a major university and charged with setting an example and leading hundreds of young men. The fact is was a major university and booster event makes it even worse.

I don't pretend to know Sark but I think this is a big red flag and an indication he is turning to the bottle to deal with stress and problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Wow, twice in one day? You think he would have learned his lesson after the incident Pat linked above
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Why Mora? I always kind of liked him.

Mora has kicked his own UCLA sports information people out of practice and was a total asshat to Bill Snyder after last year's Alamo Bowl. I don't expect Mora to be buddy buddy with the media, but he can't even be civil with them most of the time. Mark Helfrich at Oregon is a fast-climber, too, what with the police (?!?!?!?!?!) being called to get Pac-12 Network media people away from practice.

Leach is awesome. Stood up to a spoiled parent in Craig James and says whatever is on his mind without being inflammatory. If someone can point out a moment that contradicts this, I'd like to know (or be reminded) about it.

It's too bad Sark is now somewhere that won't just look the other way on his excessive drinking like when he was in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    It's too bad Sark is now somewhere that won't just look the other way on his excessive drinking like when he was in college.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post

He got drunk taking shots of Fireball, easily the most embarrassing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mpfunk; 08-24-2015 at 07:49 PM.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

Bill Plaschke wrote a piece suggesting this wasn't an isolated incident in Sarkesian's past, just the highest profile:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la...24-column.html

Might have to find a cheap flight to LA.

Conventional wisdom says USC will be primed for our game in the Coliseum, and they're always talented, but conventions wisdom also doesn't have a head coach at one of college football's more prestigious universities giving that "performance" before well healed boosters.
    Last edited by Ma'ake; 08-24-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Banned
    If the Trojans are good, nobody remembers this. If they lose, nobody will forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    If the Trojans are good, nobody remembers this. If they lose, nobody will forget about it.
    Agreed, and well said.