Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Most concerning is that the offensive line struggled to open holes at the start of the game against an FCS team. I'm willing to write that off to nerves of 4 first time starters if they play well Saturday, however if they struggle again that will set an ominous tone for the entire season.
    We feel your pain, brother.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

As an update to the Under Armour posts in this thread, Goon reported today that Chris Hill confirmed the U is in "late stage" negotiations for an extension. Deal isn't done but it sounds like it's going to likely stay with UA

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofuspor...armour-nearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    As an update to the Under Armour posts in this thread, Goon reported today that Chris Hill confirmed the U is in "late stage" negotiations for an extension. Deal isn't done but it sounds like it's going to likely stay with UA

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofuspor...armour-nearing

Very interesting. I wonder if going early gets more money (come on Cal kind of money!) or just more mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder if going early gets more money (come on Cal kind of money!) or just more mountains.

I'm guessing we end up in the Cal range (That was Goon's take as well)

USC video team struggles with post-game hype video.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...o_team_st.html

Uniform Fashion Expert HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think we have the conference offensive player of the week. Ballage for ASU has 8 TDs (an FBS record) on 11 touches.
    That game was insane. Kept checking the score and couldn't believe the offense.

Blog Entries
    Another week another impressive unimpressive win for Oregon. Prukup made some real strides and I think is finding some mojo in the Oregon offense, spreading the ball around and using his weapons. It was awesome to see Pharaoh Brown get into the end zone last night after his sickening injury in SLC 2 years ago, they were close that night to amputating his leg so pretty amazing what doctors, science and dedication to recovery can do. Royce really might be the best RB Oregon has ever had, he is so fun to watch. The defense played an awesome first half, then fell asleep again in the second and started giving up big plays and sustained drives. I am not sure if it is depth or scheme or what, but this problem needs to be addressed soon or it will cost games.

One of my favorite subtle things to watch over the last 3 seasons has been swagger filled DBs get caught off guard when this white boy Devon Allen runs right by them again and again, eventually the DBs swagger becomes chippy play and then a breakdown for a big play. I had thought with Allen's olympic success that might change, but sure enough the UVA DBs started off with a lot of head bobbing and trash talk then by the third quarter it was tackling him on every punt coverage and late chips, culminated in him torching them deep and hurdling in the end zone.

I'm concerned about next week, but Mike Riley gives me some hope. Colorado finding an explosive offense has me thinking September could get ugly.

Another week another impressive unimpressive win for Oregon. Prukup made some real strides and I think is finding some mojo in the Oregon offense, spreading the ball around and using his weapons. It was awesome to see Pharaoh Brown get into the end zone last night after his sickening injury in SLC 2 years ago, they were close that night to amputating his leg so pretty amazing what doctors, science and dedication to recovery can do. Royce really might be the best RB Oregon has ever had, he is so fun to watch. The defense played an awesome first half, then fell asleep again in the second and started giving up big plays and sustained drives. I am not sure if it is depth or scheme or what, but this problem needs to be addressed soon or it will cost games.

One of my favorite subtle things to watch over the last 3 seasons has been swagger filled DBs get caught off guard when this white boy Devon Allen runs right by them again and again, eventually the DBs swagger becomes chippy play and then a breakdown for a big play. I had thought with Allen's olympic success that might change, but sure enough the UVA DBs started off with a lot of head bobbing and trash talk then by the third quarter it was tackling him on every punt coverage and late chips, culminated in him torching them deep and hurdling in the end zone.

I'm concerned about next week, but Mike Riley gives me some hope. Colorado finding an explosive offense has me thinking September could get ugly.
    what's happening with your quarterback?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    what's happening with your quarterback?
    He's playing pretty well, he doesn't make the reads that Marcus did or have the escapability and deep ball of Adams, but those are hard skills to match. I think he will be an above average QB for the Ducks, there is a lot of buzz right now about the freshman behind him so hopefully they aren't going to be looking for a grad transfer again for a least a few years.

One thing he is very good at is the read option, he buries the ball and pulls it out better than either Mariota or Adams. If he gets on the same page with the big 3 WRs then they offense could be dangerous again, one would've hoped that would've already happened with spring ball, summer and camp though.

Same game we lost Tim Patrick to his gruesome leg break for 2 years.

Both those guys are fortunate those injuries happened a mile from such a good hospital.

Should Utah fans want USC or Stanford to win on Saturday?
    I think Stanford. We want a broken and defeated USC the following week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Not a conference rival, but thought some might be interested in this regional news. http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-f...091316aac.html

Should Utah fans want USC or Stanford to win on Saturday?
    Stanford. We want the south teams to lose every game.

Yep stanford. Plus they have a chance to make the playoff, which is good for us money wise, and we don't play them until the championship game. We want the Pac-12 in the playoff

You'd have to be a moran (or Sancho) to root for USC this week. Or any week.

Blog Entries
    Not a conference rival, but thought some might be interested in this regional news. http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-f...091316aac.html
    Feritta's to open that billionaire wallet, $10 mil doesn't buy state of the art. Oregon has a 3 year old $90 mil building and Uncle Phil decided that wasn't new and nice enough so they opened a new $30 mil one last month. You can't sell the UFC for $4 bill then go cheap on the football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    You'd have to be a moran (or Sancho) to root for USC this week. Or any week.
    Fortunately for me, it feels easy to root against USC.

I have a much more difficult time rooting against nerds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    Stanford sucks.
    You might not realize this but they have this running back that is so awesome! I mean he wouldn't get running back carries at probably more than 2-3 of the other top 25 teams in the country but he is awesome, he gets so many yards on kick and punt returns. He never takes a touchback and gets cheered loudly when he brings it out of the end zone to the 22 yard line, seriously look at those total yards! Also, he's white so that probably doesn't hurt.

The fact that he has 9 bulldozers blocking for him doesn't hurt. But he is very exciting to watch.

You might not realize this but they have this running back that is so awesome! I mean he wouldn't get running back carries at probably more than 2-3 of the other top 25 teams in the country but he is awesome, he gets so many yards on kick and punt returns. He never takes a touchback and gets cheered loudly when he brings it out of the end zone to the 22 yard line, seriously look at those total yards! Also, he's white so that probably doesn't hurt.
    Nice. I'd love to have Shaw as our HC. If I were starting a football team, NFL/college/whatever, Shaw would be my first choice.

I hate Stanford. Screw em.

I get what you are saying here. But. . . (Sancho, you may want to stop reading here)

The fact is, he set the record for all-purpose yardage last year, for a team that ended the season at 12-2 and ranked #3 in the nation, against the 12th toughest schedule according to Sagarin. Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and they still couldn't stop him. McCaffrey is a legitimate talent.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Utah is upset because Stanford fans don't deserve the great team they have.

McCaffrey is incredible to watch. I hope that whomever wins the Heisman this year says in his acceptance speech "... Christian McCaffrey this more than I do."

And then I hope he ends up playing for the Patriots, Seahawks (so I can watch him), or the Chiefs (to help Alex Smith get to the SB).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Utah is upset because Stanford fans don't deserve the great team they have.
    Man, this hit home. You may be right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I get what you are saying here. But. . . (Sancho, you may want to stop reading here)

The fact is, he set the record for all-purpose yardage last year, for a team that ended the season at 12-2 and ranked #3 in the nation, against the 12th toughest schedule according to Sagarin. Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and they still couldn't stop him. McCaffrey is a legitimate talent.
    I think he is a very good player, I wouldn't trade Royce Freeman for him if you threw in one of their typically great OL into the deal. My beef is with the praise for the all-purpose yards, I think that's a somewhat irrelevant number. I know in the Oregon game last year he returned three kicks out of the end zone and didn't get to the 25, which would've been the more beneficial move for his team, then at the end of the game they talked about how amazing he was in defeat because he had X all-purpose yards. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "Yeah but 60ish of those actually hurt his team" I doubt the Oregon game was the only time that happened.

I I also strongly feel that if he were not a white RB the praise wouldn't be so over the top of his play.

I think he is a very good player, I wouldn't trade Royce Freeman for him if you threw in one of their typically great OL into the deal. My beef is with the praise for the all-purpose yards, I think that's a somewhat irrelevant number. I know in the Oregon game last year he returned three kicks out of the end zone and didn't get to the 25, which would've been the more beneficial move for his team, then at the end of the game they talked about how amazing he was in defeat because he had X all-purpose yards. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "Yeah but 60ish of those actually hurt his team" I doubt the Oregon game was the only time that happened.

I I also strongly feel that if he were not a white RB the praise wouldn't be so over the top of his play.
    Psssssshhh! If he were black and at Utah, Kyle would move him to defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Psssssshhh! If he were black and at Utah, Kyle would move him to defense.
    I kept thinking that about Taysom Hill. He would have been an all american linebacker under Whit.

Osa Masina charged with rape and two counts of forced sodomy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4356637...ghton-star-osa

Osa Masina charged with rape and two counts of forced sodomy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4356637...ghton-star-osa

This article is a mess. Is she saying he raped her twice, once in LA and two weeks later in Salt Lake?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This article is a mess. Is she saying he raped her twice, once in LA and two weeks later in Salt Lake?
    Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.