Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    What happened to Hundley? I feel like I missed something....(in a meeting right now).
    He landed weird on his nonthrowing elbow in the first quarter and hasn't been back.

I was just watching Utep v New Mexico State (don't judge) and I saw former Ute Damian Payne get an interception. I thought he went to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Ucla/Texas is a game featuring zero offenses. Ucla's qb is currently Rick neuheisals kid.
    Neuheisel trying to drive the Bruins for a go ahead score. USC goes down by 2 scores with 3:30 to go.

EDIT: UCLA fumbles, Texas recovers.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Ucla completes bomb to take lead

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Ucla completes bomb to take lead

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    LOL. We just had a Rudyesque-carried -off-the-field moment for Jerry Neuheisal. Act like you've been 3-0 before, ucla.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    LOL. We just had a Rudyesque-carried -off-the-field moment for Jerry Neuheisal. Act like you've been 3-0 before, ucla.
    I think it was more about Neuheisal stepping into a difficult position and coming out onto rather than about UCLA beating Texas. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    "This isn't a gentlemen's sport. This isn't tennis. This isn't an old-fashioned duel. This is football, it's a physical game." - Tony Bergstrom

Which Texas team did UCLA play - the one with all the suspensions, or the full team?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Which Texas team did UCLA play - the one with all the suspensions, or the full team?
    I think the Offensive tackles were back.

The game was basically two good defenses and two bad offenses. UCLA's D is scary fast, but I was not impressed with their offense. I don't care how athletic Myles Jack is, when you are bringing him in on key 3rd and 3s, it tells me that you don't have faith in your full-time running backs.

Of all the longshot games we have this year (Oregon, USC, UCLA, Stanford), I definitely think our odds are best against UCLA.

Some great football yesterday. The Neuheisel story out of Texas was exciting, and that may be what UCLA needs to punch juice back into their season. The Boston College upset of USC was great because Boston College was playing for the red bandanna man. Well I don't like seeing our conference teams lose, I'm also an ex Big East guy, I like Boston College football, and I'm a sucker for a great human interest story anytime.

I'm not sure why everyone is so down on UCLA. They have played two P5 teams on the road. No one wins pretty on the road. They haven't fallen in my mind at all, but I had them second in the south anyways.

Colorado beats Hawaii 21-12. At home, on the mainland, at elevation.

Washington is down 14-0 in the 3rd quarter. To Georgia St. At home. Did Sark leave the cupboard bare for Peterson? Or is Peterson struggling to coach a team with mid-level PAC 12 talent?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Colorado beats Hawaii 21-12. At home, on the mainland, at elevation.

Washington is down 14-0 in the 3rd quarter. To Georgia St. At home. Did Sark leave the cupboard bare for Peterson? Or is Peterson struggling to coach a team with mid-level PAC 12 talent?
    I posted on UFN earlier in the summer how Peterson was over-rated as a coach and would struggle in the PAC-12.

I was mocked incessantly.

Boise played one game a year, and it was their first game of the year. Petersen had months to prepare for that one game. The week to week grind is real and it is a big transition. Petersen will have to relearn how to prepare for teams.

Miss St. Up at LSU 17-3 almost at the half. I heard earlier that Miss St. hasn't won at Death Valley since 1993.

I'd love to see them hold on in the 2nd half. Partly for Dan Mullen and Brian Johnson, and partly because LSU is a team I always root against. LSU is a traditionally stronger team in the 2nd half.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I posted on UFN earlier in the summer how Peterson was over-rated as a coach and would struggle in the PAC-12.
    You might be premature with this. So far, he's 3-0 (headed for 4-0), and he's 0-0 in the Pac-12. Let's see what happens next week vs Stanford.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    You might be premature with this. So far, he's 3-0 (headed for 4-0), and he's 0-0 in the Pac-12. Let's see what happens next week vs Stanford.
    I was wondering about the logic. Maybe that Peterson spent the summer focusing on beating Stanford, and overlooked the non-con schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Maybe that Peterson spent the summer focusing on beating Stanford
    Nothing like that. I just meant that we've all seen teams look bad against bad competition only to look good when it mattered. I don't think UW is good, but they have to lose some for me to know for sure.

Wazzou is not going to be as easy as some may think. Their defense really got after Marriota and that offense is potent. Next week should be another great game!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Wazzou is not going to be as easy as some may think. Their defense really got after Marriota and that offense is potent. Next week should be another great game!
    We are going to drop 50 on Wazzu. The question is whether it will be enough. That said Wazzu at home is much different than Wazzu on the road. My early prediction is 52-31
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Oregon has also lost all their tackles. Their OLine is a mess

Arizona wins on a Hail Mary. Great pac 12 games last night.

Wazzu was desperate and at home. Their season is over now.

I expect Utah will find a way to win next week, but anybody who thinks WSU is a pushover and a guaranteed win is a f***ing idiot not being objective.

If WSU moving the ball at will on Offense and absolutely flying to the ball on Defense is merely a matter of proper motivation (playing at home, and being desperate), then there will be games this year where the Constipated Pirate gets his team properly motivated and surprises the hell out of other teams. I hope that Utah is not one of those games.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-21-2014 at 11:28 AM.

This from the poster who downplayed Michigan's defense.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

I'm sorry but I'm not going to dismiss wazzou so easily. What I saw was an aggressive defense and a pretty dangerous offense that went toe to toe with oregon. Even with Oregon having OLine issues, leach was able to keep things tight. This game will be enough of a challenge that I am expecting a competitive game. Our defense will definitely be tested and our offense better not be asleep. I'm glad this game is at home.

Hear Hear...I had hoped that he would leave his "prediction" and "calls" at ufn. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Hear Hear...I had hoped that he would leave his "prediction" and "calls" at ufn. Oh well.
    Huh. I was right, you were wrong. I can see why you want me to stay on UFN.

Is it because you mocked me, then I was right, then you stopped posting over there? Is this the site all you guys come and hide out at until everyone has forgotten your posts?

I'd appreciate it if when I posted something that turned out to be correct, people would own up and give me my due.

Or at least not be a jerk and still act like they know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    Yeah. I was ssoooo wrong. I said Michigan doesn't force TO's. They did get one on our backup QB. Kudos to them.

I said they give up 8 yards per pass attempt and we could exploit them through the air. Guess what Wilson's yards per attempt were? What?!? 8 yards per attempt?!? Shocking.

I said we could put up 31 points on them. We put up 26. We also missed a FG, dropped a TD pass (Poole), and didn't follow blockers (Poole). So, yeah, we fell a little short of what I said, but we could have easily put up 37 points on them. Maybe more if Wilson doesn't get hurt.

Forgive me for not shaking in my boots over a defense that didn't do much. Are you afraid of WSU's defense as well?

They pinned their entire season on beating Oregon? This makes no sense.

I wasn't wrong about anything as I didn't predict any scores. And, it's not about whether you are right or wrong.

I left UFN because of immature behaviors by people like you. I'm a Utah fan, not a fanatic. I played and coached at Utah, so I certainly want my Utes to do well. I have neither the time nor the patience to engage with people like you. Working in the private investment world keeps away from home, so time is important to me. I want to be able to enjoy my exchange with good, reasonable Utah fans. Thus far, you are not one of them.

if I wanted to be a dick, I can be one of the best. But why? Earnest and spirited exchanges? I'm cool with that. Telling people how wrong they are and being a jerk to them just because they don't share your view, that's just immature and being disrespectful to others. Critical-thinking skills...I won't even go there.

Now that I've shared my view, I'm finished with your twaddle. If you want to behave differently, then I'm cool with that. If not, I won't engage with you anymore. It's not a threat. You do as you please. I'll do the same without wasting my time and being a dick.
    There really is no reason to be bogged down with something so de minimis.

oh....GO UTES!

Huh. I was right, you were wrong. I can see why you want me to stay on UFN.

Is it because you mocked me, then I was right, then you stopped posting over there? Is this the site all you guys come and hide out at until everyone has forgotten your posts?

I'd appreciate it if when I posted something that turned out to be correct, people would own up and give me my due.

Or at least not be a jerk and still act like they know what they are doing.
    Last edited by justaute; 09-22-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    They pinned their entire season on beating Oregon? This makes no sense.
    Going to a bowl game is surely a team goal, and they must be getting desperate on that front. This is a must win game for Wazzu.