Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1447

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

UW shoots themselves in the feet one too many times, and a crucial missed targeting call in the 4th quarter seals the deal. Would have been nice to have a 2-0 UW in SLC in two weeks.

I wish the Huskies won but I'm glad that pick play got called as an offensive PI.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    I wish the Huskies won but I'm glad that pick play got called as an offensive PI.
    Yeah, that one was clear. I still think it's worth running that play; it gets called so infrequently.

UCLA struggling with Cincinnati. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    UCLA struggling with Cincinnati. I love it!
    Gutsy 'cats. Up 2 with 2 minutes to go, they go for it on 4th and goal. Fortune favors the bold!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Gutsy 'cats. Up 2 with 2 minutes to go, they go for it on 4th and goal. Fortune favors the bold!
    And UCLA helped out with a stupid substitution penalty when Cincy was lined up for a fg. Sometimes, fortune favors the team that's not stupid.

USC gives up 308 rushing yards to the REEEEE-BELS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilner's power rankings:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/...cc-and-big-12/

5. Utah (1-0)
    Result: Beat Weber State 41-10
    Next up: at Northern Illinois
    Comment: Dangerous game this week with Washington around the corner, but this is not the Northern Illinois team of a few years ago. The Huskies were thumped by Iowa in Week One.

Arizona offensive line has some "unique" blocking techniques.

Oregon State will no longer be scheduling good teams.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...le-good-teams/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Oregon State will no longer be scheduling good teams.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...le-good-teams/
    They're moving to FCS?

via GIPHY

Oregon State has H-H games with both Oklahoma State and Purdue coming in the next few years. Utah's future OOC schedule is embarrassingly bad, if not laughable, by comparison.

We do appear to have schedule openings at the same time as Iowa about 4 years out, so hopefully we can do something there.

Justin Herbert, 11-12 in the first half. Just carving up Stanford.

USC beats wazzu; Arizona beats the beabers; and uw is struggling with asu?

What an awful bye week.

USC beats wazzu; Arizona beats the beabers; and uw is struggling with asu?

What an awful bye week.
    And Oregon gives away an insurmountable lead. Stinks to see Stanford win, but it is comforting in a weird way to see someone else with a massive choke job.

And Oregon gives away an insurmountable lead. Stinks to see Stanford win, but it is comforting in a weird way to see someone else with a massive choke job.
    Game of the Year in college football so far. Stanford had no business winning that game, but some really horrific decision making at key points in that game gave them life. I never feel bad when Oregon loses. That they lost in such idiotic, moronic fashion to the smart kids was even more glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    to the smart kids was even more glorious.
    Did you hear Chris Fowler say that teams "wear down against Stanford's intellectual brutality"? I almost spit out my Coke.

I'm sure we all saw replays of the blatant, obvious targeting by Porter Gustin of USC that went uncalled.

This rule is a complete joke and an insult.

I'm sure we all saw replays of the blatant, obvious targeting by Porter Gustin of USC that went uncalled.

This rule is a complete joke and an insult.
    Welcome to Trump’s America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Welcome to Trump’s America.

I don’t know. I think George W. Bush shares a lot of the blame for this.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I’m in a hotel, because I need to work out of town Saturday morning, and I am watching the Colorado-UCLA game. Colorado is looking pretty good. That might be deceptive, because UCLA seems to be pretty bad, but I think Colorado might give us all we can handle this year.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Did you hear Chris Fowler say that teams "wear down against Stanford's intellectual brutality"? I almost spit out my Coke.
    Well, that’s a little over the top. Surprised Fowler was the author of that line.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Well, that’s a little over the top. Surprised Fowler was the author of that line.
    He may have been joking. If so, it is kind of funny.

--Yeats

Since we are now in the Pac-12 South hunt, let's track who we want to win this week:

Utah over UofA. Duh.
    Washington vs. Oregon. Who cares? This is a pac-12 North battle.
    Cal over UCLA. I know, UCLA is out of the picture (well, not yet) and you don't want them to be winless before Utah comes to the Rose bowl. But, we ALWAYS want South-North battles to go to the north when we are not playing and we ALWAYS like to see UCLA suffer.
    Colorado over USC. Surprised? Don't be. We need USC to lose any game possible. Have you seen their schedule? They avoid Washington AND Oregon?!?!?!!? They already got blown out be Stanford so realistically this is one of the most likely losses for them left on their schedule.

Since we are now in the Pac-12 South hunt, let's track who we want to win this week:

Utah over UofA. Duh.
    Washington vs. Oregon. Who cares? This is a pac-12 North battle.
    Cal over UCLA. I know, UCLA is out of the picture (well, not yet) and you don't want them to be winless before Utah comes to the Rose bowl. But, we ALWAYS want South-North battles to go to the north when we are not playing and we ALWAYS like to see UCLA suffer.
    Colorado over USC. Surprised? Don't be. We need USC to lose any game possible. Have you seen their schedule? They avoid Washington AND Oregon?!?!?!!? They already got blown out be Stanford so realistically this is one of the most likely losses for them left on their schedule.
    We want UCLA to beat Cal because we could be competing with Cal for a bowl slot.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We want UCLA to beat Cal because we could be competing with Cal for a bowl slot.
    I wouldn't think Cal would win the North and challenge us for a shot at the Rose Bowl, but you never know?

You are likely right, but the real answer here is that we don't know who to root for. CU certainly has a tougher schedule than USC. On the other hand, if USC beats CU this weekend, we control our own destiny for the south.

You are likely right, but the real answer here is that we don't know who to root for. CU certainly has a tougher schedule than USC. On the other hand, if USC beats CU this weekend, we control our own destiny for the south.
    what I think will happen to Colorado when Utah plays them

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post

Lol! I can’t stop watching that. I gotta go buy my wife a turtleneck now.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    And I'll be there to see it!

Anyone else going to Boulder this year? D'n'F?