Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 1,291 to 1,313 of 1313

Thread: The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Cal wins!
    I really wanted to play UW again this season. I wanted revenge, and I thought we could take it. I also want WSU revenge, but I'm not as confident in taking it. I also worry about a Stanford rematch because it seemed they really figured our defense out in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I really wanted to play UW again this season. I wanted revenge, and I thought we could take it. I also want WSU revenge, but I'm not as confident in taking it. I also worry about a Stanford rematch because it seemed they really figured our defense out in the 2nd half.
    Lol @chrisp. You gave that one away.

Apparently USC fired their line coach and Helton has taken over offensive play calling going forward. All is not well in Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Apparently USC fired their line coach and Helton has taken over offensive play calling going forward. All is not well in Troy.
    Anyone else and I might almost feel sorry for them.

If UW wins out, which is not at all far-fetched, it will win the North. If I were betting, I'd still pick the Huskies.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    If UW wins out, which is not at all far-fetched, it will win the North. If I were betting, I'd still pick the Huskies.
    Even with that trigger happy doofus as coach?

Oregon is bipolar. They look unbeatable at times, and they look completely hopeless at times. I want the hopeless version on Sat.

Oregon is bipolar. They look unbeatable at times, and they look completely hopeless at times. I want the hopeless version on Sat.
    14-3 for oregon in the second quarter
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    14-3 for oregon in the second quarter
    Oregon scores again. Things are looking good for Utah. [fingers crossed]

WSU puts up 55 on Arizona. . . In the first half!

Lets go Ducks! Finish strong!
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    WSU puts up 55 on Arizona. . . In the first half!

Lets go Ducks! Finish strong!
    Yeah, it's now or never for us. ASU ain't losing to Zona next week. It's all about Oregon.

Oregon seems to have no desire to win this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Oregon seems to have no desire to win this game.
    This is so painful. The fumbles, the picks. 4th down conversions. ASU fumbles that the Sun Devils recovered. Herbert unable to do anything in the 2nd half.

ASU fumbles that the Sun Devils recovered.
    Whoa, I posted this 30 seconds before the ASU fumble. Did I make that happen?

Oregon only has one run play in the playbook to kill time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McIntyre out at CU. Jeff Tedford, who has done a nice rebuilding job at Fresno, would be an interesting hire.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    McIntyre out at CU. Jeff Tedford, who has done a nice rebuilding job at Fresno, would be an interesting hire.
    I will be shocked if Tedford isn’t hired by CU or USC. A proven winner in this league and a known commodity among California high school coaches.

Here is a USC player outright punching a UCLA player in last weekend‘s game. I hear that Helton’s not good at enforcing discipline. (What is he good at?)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...yMj?li=BBnb4R7

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Here is a USC player outright punching a UCLA player in last weekend‘s game. I hear that Helton’s not good at enforcing discipline. (What is he good at?)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...yMj?li=BBnb4R7
    Jaylon Johnson got away with one in our game as well.
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Jaylon Johnson got away with one in our game as well.
    He did it in front of two referees, so they clearly didn’t think it was much of a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    He did it in front of two referees, so they clearly didn’t think it was much of a punch.
    Or, they are incompetent. We have some body of evidence to support this alternative explanation.

Or, they are incompetent. We have some body of evidence to support this alternative explanation.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell