Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 31

Thread: Welcome female UB5 posters!!!

  1. #1

    Welcome female UB5 posters!!!

    I thought I would start a new thread for the females to introduce ourselves. I see that Freaky Girl and Mrs. Funk (and maybe others) have joined.

    JIC is my brother-in-law, which I believe will lead to me receiving special treatment here, i.e. the board rules likely won't apply (right, JIC?). Jeromy in SLC does my laundry, cooks my meals, and is my heating pad during the winter. However, with the advent of this board, I suspect I may have an alienation of affection claim against JIC.

    I anticipate my primary role here will be to perform translating services when the wonder twin powers activate.

    Go UTES!

  2. #2
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    I thought I would start a new thread for the females to introduce ourselves. I see that Freaky Girl and Mrs. Funk (and maybe others) have joined.

    JIC is my brother-in-law, which I believe will lead to me receiving special treatment here, i.e. the board rules likely won't apply (right, JIC?). Jeromy in SLC does my laundry, cooks my meals, and is my heating pad during the winter. However, with the advent of this board, I suspect I may have an alienation of affection claim against JIC.

    I anticipate my primary role here will be to perform translating services when the wonder twin powers activate.

    Go UTES!
    On the strength of this post alone, you're already on my Most Valuable Poster ballot.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  3. #3
    I introduced myself in the other Welcome thread, but obviously didn't make an impression.

    I'm neither acquainted with or related to anyone on this board other than in our mutual love for the Utes. It looks like this board is going to be a lot of fun.

  4. #4
    On the "Message Board Down South" I am known as SuperGabers, thus I carry the tradition on here on UB5.

    I am the slightly more attractive and nicer half of UtahDan. I am looking forward to getting to know some new members and I am also looking forward to seeing a small percentage of the old posters from TBDS.

    Bwah-haha.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    I thought I would start a new thread for the females to introduce ourselves. I see that Freaky Girl and Mrs. Funk (and maybe others) have joined.

    JIC is my brother-in-law, which I believe will lead to me receiving special treatment here, i.e. the board rules likely won't apply (right, JIC?). Jeromy in SLC does my laundry, cooks my meals, and is my heating pad during the winter. However, with the advent of this board, I suspect I may have an alienation of affection claim against JIC.

    I anticipate my primary role here will be to perform translating services when the wonder twin powers activate.

    Go UTES!
    I thought of using Zan and Jayna (the Wonder Twins, for those not familiar with the 70's cartoon "Superfriends")as my avatar, but figured JIC would be insulted when people thought he was Jayna. And I wouldn't worry about the "alienation of affection claim". You will probably like me better when I'm not in your hair all the time
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

  6. #6
    I am LadyUte. Long time poster over on uf.n. I am pretty simple. Football, Nutella and shoulders make me happy. I also enjoy basketball and gymnastics is a huge passion of mine. I am a frequent tailgater. I have met many great friends over on uf.n and hope to see them over here. I am excited for the chance to meet more women who are into sports as much as I am. Most of the women on uf.n do not post anymore. I try to keep the men over there in line but it is hard by myself. So ladies, let's be loud and proud on this board!! Go Utes!!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyUte View Post
    Football, Nutella and shoulders make me happy.
    This sentence is either in desperate need of an Oxford comma or a supreme case of TMI.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    This sentence is either in desperate need of an Oxford comma or a supreme case of TMI.
    Oh my! ha ha

  9. #9
    Hello ladies. I am joining this board to support my hubby and for the community. I am a Utah graduate and Utah fan but I must confess that I don't watch sports. I only care about the outcome. Utah by 5. I hope to have as much fun here as my hubs.

  10. #10
    This is great. The Women of Utah!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by redpatty View Post
    This is great. The Women of Utah!!
    Nice to have more females around.

  12. #12
    Welcome ladies! Go Utes!

  13. #13
    Hello! Somehow I've now managed to be part of three online sports communities when I don't care a fig about sports. I enjoy the friendships we've made (some of which extend to real life interactions) and the thoughtful discussions. I usually stick to literature, food, and occasionally dabble in the religion threads.

    Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
    Hello! Somehow I've now managed to be part of three online sports communities when I don't care a fig about sports. I enjoy the friendships we've made (some of which extend to real life interactions) and the thoughtful discussions. I usually stick to literature, food, and occasionally dabble in the religion threads.

    Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.
    ***blushes, discreetly slips out of room***

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    ***blushes, discreetly slips out of room***
    Get used to it Tacoma. More females means more of this sort of talk.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    ***blushes, discreetly slips out of room***
    Didn't grow up with sisters? I swear my little brother is completely desensitized to the sight of tampons.
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  17. #17
    No, just joking. I thought it was funny.

  18. #18
    [QUOTE=

    Welcome to all the female posters. Let's hang up some tampon streamers or something.[/QUOTE]



    Tacoma, you are the bravest Ute of all for venturing to this thread.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by redpatty View Post


    Tacoma, you are the bravest Ute of all for venturing to this thread.
    LOL!

    On a serious note, it seems like most of the female posters on utefans left. Outside of Lady Ute and our UCLA freind BruinPatti I can't think of any who even post there anymore.

  20. #20
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    LOL!

    On a serious note, it seems like most of the female posters on utefans left. Outside of Lady Ute and our UCLA freind BruinPatti I can't think of any who even post there anymore.
    Gee, now why would that be?

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Gee, now why would that be?
    *Bows head, sheepishly replies* Because too many of us guys, myself guilty as any, get carried away and forget that a public forum is mixed company.

  22. #22
    There is no way that Lady Ute can keep the men in line. It can't be done.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    There is no way that Lady Ute can keep the men in line. It can't be done.
    She could keep me in line! By the way, are you still up in that tree? I just ordered pizza. One for the front yard tree and one for the backyard tree.

  24. #24
    Hold the green peppers on mine.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    Hold the green peppers on mine.
    Done. Hopefully Lady will bring us each out a six pack for our troubles.

  26. #26
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Welcome to UB5, Turk!

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    Done. Hopefully Lady will bring us each out a six pack for our troubles.
    Maybe. If you two are really nice. Yay Turk, you made it over!!

  28. #28

  29. #29
    Hey Turk. On another board, I told you that you were my favorite poster. It's good to see you here. Thanks for always being so nice to me. (The former ladyinred)

  30. #30
    Thanks. And thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you're here, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •