Thread: Utah Prediction Contest: vs. Arizona State

Utah Prediction Contest: vs. Arizona State

Post your score predictions below for the game against Arizona State.

First! Utah 35 ASU 20 in a revenge classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapaho Tribe View Post
    Utah: 24
    ASU: 38
    Maybe I'm getting my PC undies in the twist, but there are a couple of very good reasons I wish you'd change your board name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Maybe I'm getting my PC undies in the twist, but there are a couple of very good reasons I wish you'd change your board name.
    agreed, its not funny

Utah 34
    ASU 42
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-04-2013 at 05:08 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Utah 27
    ASU 42

Utah - 24
    ASU - 42
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Yep. Don't like those strange names, especially those that need some kind of explanation as to what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
    Yep. Don't like those strange names, especially those that need some kind of explanation as to what they mean.
    Which reminds me of a question I've always wanted to ask you....

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Which reminds me of a question I've always wanted to ask you....
    It's my given name.

Utah: 35
    ASU: 32

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Utah|31
    ASU|26
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I'm still mulling this one over. It depends on which Travis Wilson shows up:

Angry Giraffe: Utes win by 10
    Captain Pick: Utes lose by 21

That's about as far as I have gotten so far.

I'm not opposed to changing it, but will you satisfy my curiosity and give me your reasons. I have used this username on several other platforms and the only feedback I have received has been positive.

Utah 13
    ASU 37
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

ASU: 42
    Utah: 17

Utes | 31
    Sun Devils | 28

Agree 100%.

Utah: 41
    ASU: 38

Utah 34
    Dun Sevils 33

Utah 13 ASU 10

Quote Originally Posted by Slapaho Tribe View Post
    I'm not opposed to changing it, but will you satisfy my curiosity and give me your reasons. I have used this username on several other platforms and the only feedback I have received has been positive.
    Not saying you are thinking this way, but this is what I thought of first.

Then considering the somewhat touchy relationship we have with the Ute Tribe, I'm inclined to avoid anything that might be considered mocking Native Americans.

I said to a guy in a full headdress at the last home game that I wished he wouldn't wear that either. At first he was angry at me, but when I explained to him that I didn't think that he intended to offend, but there was the possibility to offend and lose the Utes support he agreed that he wouldn't wear it anymore.

Again, I'm not saying that is your intent, those were just the two things I thought of when I saw your board name.
    Last edited by Rocker Ute; 11-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.