Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The NFL Random Thoughts Thread

Sherman responded, articulately:
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/?eref=sihp

I simply don't believe the "good game, good game" gesture he gave to Crabtree was genuine, especially considering the history those two apparently have, but then - interestingly - he expresses regret at the way some Seahawks fans treated Navorro Bowman as he was being carted off the field after that knee injury.

Well, Richard, your actions and words don't exactly *discourage* that kind of behavior by Seattle fans, now do they? You need to own what you said, and live with the consequences. If you find yourself with a torn up knee, being carted off, and people are throwing food at you... think about how you may have contributed to the reaction you get.

Banned
    Ma'ake you're a smart guy.

I think you are all fired up about a little shit talking and bravado by a really young and cocky cornerback with too much confidence.

This is the NFL we are talking about. This little dustup doesn't even compare to dozens of other examples. Think about Michael Irvin's career for just one example... and now he gets paid big money to weigh in with his opinions before, during, and after games.

I feel like I must be missing something. I saw the post game interview, I thought, "Wow, that guy's a little bit exercised." And then I forgot about it -- until I got online and saw the furor the "incident" supposedly caused. Sorry, I don't get it.

Oh, and btw, Max Hall's rant was not on the sideline, immediately after the game, or in the heat of the moment. There was no adreneline running through Hall's veins as he sat at that podium and calmly stated why he hated everything and everyone associated with the University of Utah. So spare me the false equivalence.
    Last edited by USS Utah; 01-20-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

I think DevilDog is right - there are plenty of Shermans in pro sports. Some like that type of bravado, and I'll admit it can be kind of fun to watch. It's just not my cup of tea, and IMO it's a shame that after a day of great performances all everyone is talking about is this guy's crappy sportsmanship. Yes, he made a great play, which is what everyone would have remembered and what will be on all the highlight reels. Then his butt-slapping, hands/throat choke sign, and taunting put a bad taste in many peoples' mouths. Those things were worse than his interview, since we could hardly understand what he was saying anyway. His team had just won the NFC championship, and he made it all about him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

More NFL: A Bad Lip Reading