Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Let's talk about stadium expansion

Today will be the first non- sellout for several years. Have been trying to sell 2 NEZ tickets for below cost and have had 0 offers. A lot of other tickets on secondary market with no takers. Oh, if you want the tickets, go to flashseats.com and look for N25, R39, 18 and 19 and put in a bid.

UEA. Lots of people are out of town, flooded the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    UEA. Lots of people are out of town, flooded the secondary market.

Utes offering buy one get 1 free for UCLA game.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Utes offering buy one get 1 free for UCLA game.
    Should I buy CU tickets now or wait until the week of? Dilemma.

Where are you seeing this offer?

Quote Originally Posted by noneyadb View Post
    Where are you seeing this offer?
    It was an e-mail to me from the Crimson Club.

I assume most of you received a link asking you to participate on a survey about stadium expansion. In many ways I feel the same about stadium expansion as I do about the growth in my little hamlet of Holladay, which interestingly, also sent a survey about growth and taxes. I don't believe current season ticket holders/tax payers should foot the majority of the bill for future expansion/growth. We have already participated in paying for the current infrastructure. The majority of the costs of expanded infrastructure should be funded by impact fees for building new homes and seat fees for those buying new seats. My residential/game day experience will not improve one bit by additional growth and in fact, may become less enjoyable by having more people around. I know my beliefs are unrealistic since State and local government in Utah is controlled by real estate developers and all ticket purchasers are going to pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I assume most of you received a link asking you to participate on a survey about stadium expansion. In many ways I feel the same about stadium expansion as I do about the growth in my little hamlet of Holladay, which interestingly, also sent a survey about growth and taxes. I don't believe current season ticket holders/tax payers should foot the majority of the bill for future expansion/growth. We have already participated in paying for the current infrastructure. The majority of the costs of expanded infrastructure should be funded by impact fees for building new homes and seat fees for those buying new seats. My residential/game day experience will not improve one bit by additional growth and in fact, may become less enjoyable by having more people around. I know my beliefs are unrealistic since State and local government in Utah is controlled by real estate developers and all ticket purchasers are going to pay the price.
    Anyone who has had to exit through the north concourse after a close game would vehemently agree with you.

After taking the survey Im a bit concerned.

As a south endzone season ticket holder for 30+ years I feel like the U is trying to eliminate the passionate fan and replace them with a rich fan.

The entire survey was geared to people who could afford fancy stuff.

Sadly Im worried come 2021 my seat will be gone and Ill be watching on TV, because my seat was taken away for a restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the passionate fans like Diehard are going to be replaced by more fans who are content to leave in the 3rd quarter when we are down by one TD to a top 20 team.

Goodbye home field advantage, hello overly-expensive tickets.

Hill said we need to raise about 25 million for the stadium, and he wants to get about 20 million taken care of in the next two months before he walks away.
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Hill said we need to raise about 25 million for the stadium, and he wants to get about 20 million taken care of in the next two months before he walks away.
    Someone go shake out the couches at the Eccles and Huntsman households.

surveys have all come in, Hill says we'll know capacity and have artist renderings within the next 6 months

https://espn700sports.com/news/chris...ector-4-24-18/

I was just it a meeting where they project that the population of Utah will rise from 3 million today to 5 million by 2030

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    I was just it a meeting where they project that the population of Utah will rise from 3 million today to 5 million by 2030
    Primarily St. George or Wasatch Front?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

they didn't specify

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Mostly the wasatch front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk