Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

Hybrid View

Sac State HC would be a substantial pay cut, while being in a more expensive location. But TT has taken lower-paying jobs before to enhance his career (he basically took a 50% drop in pay to leave his job at high school to be the OC at EWU).

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That was to get into the college game. I think that's different. He's in now. Presumably, his goal is HC at a DI or P5. I think the path to that goal is much longer and far less likely through Sac State than through Utah.

He may see it very differently, of course.
    Somebody just tweeted that FCS head coaching jobs are a stepping stone to a P-5 coordinator position, not the other way around. That's why coaches take them. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Somebody just tweeted that FCS head coaching jobs are a stepping stone to a P-5 coordinator position, not the other way around. That's why coaches take them. But who knows.
    We scored 3 points in our last game. Let's leave open the idea that maybe Troy isn't a hot commodity, and that the success we saw on offense this year wasn't all about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anyone is doing jumping jacks over Taylor. It won't be the end of the world if he leaves for Sac State. But it would be another turn through the carousel, which we really could do without.

Still, this season was statistically our best offensive season in a long time, right?
    Nope. Last year's was noticeably better, both in scoring and total offense. 52nd in both last year, 68th and 69th this year.