Thread: Off with their headsets! - Coaching hirings and firings

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Anthony Gimino@AGWildcatReport 2h2 hours agoMore

Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo -- an emerging name in the Arizona coaching search, according to @FootballScoop -- was a QB at Hawaii in the 1980s, first under Dick Tomey. Niumatalolo in the foreward to Tomey's book, Rise of the Rainbow Warriors:

I've seen several tweets from national writers saying this would give UA a poly pipeline. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I've seen several tweets from national writers saying this would give UA a poly pipeline. thoughts?
    I don't see why not. I don't want this hire to happen. Bad for Utah all around.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't see why not. I don't want this hire to happen. Bad for Utah all around.
    I don’t know if it would be or not.

I think the jury is still out on Ken at a P5 school.

Honestly I think his going to BYU was a more dangerous thing for Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Honestly I think his going to BYU was a more dangerous thing for Utah.
    I agree, but that doesn't mean I want him at Arizona.

We've seen what Paul Johnson has done at GT. Turned them into a competitive pain-in-the-butt that can upset anyone in any given week. I don't think Coach Ken wins division titles in Tuscon, but I think he grabs a couple of quality surprise wins each year. And I think the triple option in our division would be a permanent thorn in our side, like AFA used to be for us and currently is for Boise State.

We've seen what Paul Johnson has done at GT. Turned them into a competitive pain-in-the-butt that can upset anyone in any given week. I don't think Coach Ken wins division titles in Tuscon, but I think he grabs a couple of quality surprise wins each year. And I think the triple option in our division would be a permanent thorn in our side, like AFA used to be for us and currently is for Boise State.
    Well, the early reaction from Arizona fans is “oh hell no” so this could be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken N. suddenly seems like he has a little Majerusesque side to him. Likes to be wined and dined and flirted with by jobs with open vacancies. If I'm Navy, I would get weary of that.

Ken N. suddenly seems like he has a little Majerusesque side to him. Likes to be wined and dined and flirted with by jobs with open vacancies. If I'm Navy, I would get weary of that.
    I think the goal of almost every G5 coach is to move into the P5 ranks.

Probably more weary after losing two in a row than they were when they had won 14 in a row.