Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Discussions re: "I wonder what Ed Hochuli is getting for Christmas"

  1. #1

    Discussions re: "I wonder what Ed Hochuli is getting for Christmas"

    Let's try and keep the discussion on Ed's list limited to things that might be on Ed's list. So, all questions/comments/etc should take place here. Let's keep the other thread clean and pure.

    Here's the scoop for those who wonder.

    1. Ed Hochuli is a person.
    2. Most people (in the US at least) receive Christmas gifts.
    3. Some of us are wont to wonder what Ed might open on Christmas morning.
    4. The thread is for assembling such a list.

    Note: We are not predicting that each item will be under Ed's tree, as amazing as that would be. We just wonder what might be there. Maybe we pick 3 or 4 right, maybe dozens. Who knows. But we find pleasure in the act of speculation.

    Please, join us, one and all.
    Last edited by Brian; 12-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Well thanks for clearing that up.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Well thanks for clearing that up.
    Pretty sure the inversion is more clear

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Wait, if I have questions about this explanation, do they go here, or do they belong in a separate thread dedicated to questions about the explanation?
    I'd ask your question here.
    However, we should start another thread to discuss the protocol for deciding the appropriate thread for the topic of a post.
    Good catch there.

  5. #5
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,547
    I did happen to know, at least, who Ed is. For the uninitiated:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I did happen to know, at least, who Ed is. For the uninitiated:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli
    Oh I know who he is, just don't quite get why I should care

  7. #7
    Educating Cyrus wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    499
    I dislike this thread immensely. I would never give it to Ed for Christmas.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

  8. #8
    Rocker Ute: wrong thread for your question. So I answer it here.

    We have no idea what Ed received. (Unless someone here knows him well)
    That said, we take joy in the mere wondering of what he did get.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Rocker Ute: wrong thread for your question. So I answer it here.

    We have no idea what Ed received. (Unless someone here knows him well)
    That said, we take joy in the mere wondering of what he did get.
    I do know Ed in the sense that I have never met him but I did once find myself walking past his law office in Phoenix.

    At a former job I used to do a gig in Phoenix for one week every September. A few years back there was a big stir about blown call by Mr Hochuli's crew that changed the outcome of the game. In the fallout, it was mentioned that Ed's real job was as an attorney in the Phoenix area. A day or two later, my associates and I were walking from our clients' office to lunch and found ourselves face to face with "Somebody, Somebody, Hochuli & Somebody, Attorneys at Law".

    So yeah, you could say Ed Hochuli and I are pretty close. I have hesitated to post this because I don't want people to think I am using my connections to make myself look like a big deal on the internet.

    From my experience with Ed, I can assure you that he had a frank and productive holiday.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,192
    I did notice last night that a Sean Hochuli was ref'ing the NIU vs. USU game, but on tv his biceps looked tiny and it didn't look like he lifts

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I do know Ed in the sense that I have never met him but I did once find myself walking past his law office in Phoenix.

    At a former job I used to do a gig in Phoenix for one week every September. A few years back there was a big stir about blown call by Mr Hochuli's crew that changed the outcome of the game. In the fallout, it was mentioned that Ed's real job was as an attorney in the Phoenix area. A day or two later, my associates and I were walking from our clients' office to lunch and found ourselves face to face with "Somebody, Somebody, Hochuli & Somebody, Attorneys at Law".

    So yeah, you could say Ed Hochuli and I are pretty close. I have hesitated to post this because I don't want people to think I am using my connections to make myself look like a big deal on the internet.

    From my experience with Ed, I can assure you that he had a frank and productive holiday.
    maybe we can convince you to get that job again and walk past his office periodically. I think we would all appreciate some more info on Ed.

  12. #12
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I do know Ed in the sense that I have never met him but I did once find myself walking past his law office in Phoenix.

    At a former job I used to do a gig in Phoenix for one week every September. A few years back there was a big stir about blown call by Mr Hochuli's crew that changed the outcome of the game. In the fallout, it was mentioned that Ed's real job was as an attorney in the Phoenix area. A day or two later, my associates and I were walking from our clients' office to lunch and found ourselves face to face with "Somebody, Somebody, Hochuli & Somebody, Attorneys at Law".

    So yeah, you could say Ed Hochuli and I are pretty close. I have hesitated to post this because I don't want people to think I am using my connections to make myself look like a big deal on the internet.

    From my experience with Ed, I can assure you that he had a frank and productive holiday.
    I heard he spent most of his time unwrapping presents.

  13. #13
    Bucket list is smaller now.

    Ed.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •