Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
I never know where to post some stuff, but I guy I went to law school with and who has been a general authority was excommunicated.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/0...rly-3-decades/

Hamula was a quiet unassuming guy who, like myself, didn't quite seem to fit the BYU law student mold. We didn't dress like we worked at IBM. It's funny, there have been 5 guys from my graduating class become GA's. Two of them, including Hamula, were nice guys. The other three were smart, but kind of dicks. They were all at the top of the class and seemed to be in a competition with 4 or 5 others to see who could get the most interviews when law firms would come to school. They were always chosen because of their class standing. They had no intention of going anywhere but where they were from, so they were simply taking interview slots from people who were really interested. I'm sure this probably happened at other schools as well, but it seemed prevalent at the BYU.
I think he was on the short list for being appointed one of the 12 last time around. They went out of their way to say he wasn't excommunicated for apostacy. So it appears he likely had a relationship out of wedlock with another woman (or guy).