Thread: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Media (fka Mormonism)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Speaking of corporations, and not to hijack this thread, but one thing to get me to turn off from a church lesson is to have a powerpoint. I know people love them, but I get a gut full of these constantly at work (and 90% of people use them as a speaking crutch versus an enhancement). When the projector turns on my mind turns off.
    I can't agree more with this. I was tempted to make a similar comment in another thread talking about preparation being the difference between mediocre teachers and great teachers. Too often, PPTs are used as evidence of preparation. I can't think of anything worse that reading a few scripture in white lettering with a solid royal blue backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I can't agree more with this. I was tempted to make a similar comment in another thread talking about preparation being the difference between mediocre teachers and great teachers. Too often, PPTs are used as evidence of preparation. I can't think of anything worse that reading a few scripture in white lettering with a solid royal blue backdrop.
    On the other hand, I was in a class last week where the art teacher showed the students a powerpoint slide-show of various pieces of original art, including a nude self-portrait.
    Powerpoint has its uses.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.