Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New uni's 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Per a release today the game previously scheduled to have jerseys for the Ute tribe will feature the tribe logo on the helmet....no mention of the jersey
    I think I'm hoping that the logo replaces the drum and feather altogether for that game. I'm thinking that would look better than some little helmet sticker in the back.

I think this is the logo:

http://www.utahutes.com/genrel/082114aae.html

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think I'm hoping that the logo replaces the drum and feather altogether for that game. I'm thinking that would look better than some little helmet sticker in the back.

I think this is the logo:

It is replacing the drum and feather.

Here's the release

The game will also have a Ute Tribe representative present the game ball, the Ute Honor Guard present the colors and halftime show will be arranged by the Ute Tribe Pow Wow committee.

It is replacing the drum and feather.
    Piper just tweeted that it will only be a sticker somewhere and will not replace the d'n'f

Scratch that - this what he said:

Told there won't be a new helmet design for the Nov. 22 game. The tribal seal will be a sticker. Don't know size/location just yet.

Piper just tweeted that it will only be a sticker somewhere and will not replace the d'n'f

Scratch that - this what he said:
    Yeah, I don't think he realizes the drum and feather itself is a sticker and can be removed easily (thus why new players "earn" theirs and it magically appears overnight)

I think by design they were saying no new paint scheme.

I fully expect the seal to replace the D&F for that game.

USA today made a new uniform power ranking, and they left us out altogether:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/coll...-power-ranking

Looks like most of the new "good" unis are from Nike.

USA today made a new uniform power ranking, and they left us out altogether:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/coll...-power-ranking

Looks like most of the new "good" unis are from Nike.
    At least our crappy marketing department preventing anyone from knowing that we have atrocious new uniforms.

They gave Notre Dame a "bad" because the new uniforms looks like their old ones? You're god fucking hell ass damn right they look the same! That's how it should be.
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Ugh, these Arizona road unis have got to be the worst look in the conference.

Ugh, these Arizona road unis have got to be the worst look in the conference.
    Losing ugly has new meaning.

And we have new helmets

http://youtu.be/mFUH2KElseU

Watch the video...it's the reveal to the team

Forgot to mention. There's a red stripe down the middle

I really like the white helmets. The stripe down the middle looks good, gives it some flare without being over the top.

Now if we could just replace those mountains with some stripes.
    "This isn't a gentlemen's sport. This isn't tennis. This isn't an old-fashioned duel. This is football, it's a physical game." - Tony Bergstrom

And we have new helmets

http://youtu.be/mFUH2KElseU

Watch the video...it's the reveal to the team
    I heard they are for the Michigan game. Can anyone confirm?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    They're added to the choices.

The players leadership council actually picks the uniform combo for each game, but there's a rumor we're going all white for Michigan.

My guess is the team is going to want to play with their new toy. Expect a new look for Utah against Michigan, all white.
    "This isn't a gentlemen's sport. This isn't tennis. This isn't an old-fashioned duel. This is football, it's a physical game." - Tony Bergstrom

They will use these sexy numbers for a national TV game on ABC cuz recruits love this sort of thing.
    "The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching."
    Joseph Smith, Jr.

I love these, I also like the mini white helmet's with the double block U. I agree that these will be debuted at Michigan, its nice to have ABC national TV game

I also like the white helmets. But I'm not a fan of the all-white unis (Sugar Bowl excluded).

Basketball unis are unveiled

https://twitter.com/runnin_utes/stat...85945172750336
    Attached Images Attached Images

Meh. I could live without the extra-long shorts, but whatever keeps the guys happy. BTW, it looks like Delon still needs to eat a few sandwiches.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 09-10-2014 at 02:36 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Hey, keep the basketball discussion in the basketball uni thread!
    2014 utahby5 World Cup Bracket Predictor Challenge Champion. No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaRusso View Post
    Hey, keep the basketball discussion in the basketball uni thread!
    Nope. We're going to post it everywhere

Meh. I could live without the extra-long shorts, but whatever keeps the guys happy. BTW, it looks like Delon still needs to eat a few sandwiches.
    He looks skinnier in person.

Just for LAUte:

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Just for LAUte:
    Continuing my call for only bicolor unis, I would prefer the U to be silver too. Then black unis with white numbers and trim. Black and white only - and only once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Just for LAUte:

I didn't think they would be able to top the white helmets, but....wow. Love them.

Bicolor? Is that allowed in Utah? LOL

Continuing my call for only bicolor unis, I would prefer the U to be silver too. Then black unis with white numbers and trim. Black and white only - and only once a year.

I absolutely love that helmet.

I'm a big fan of the helmet, love the chrome accent. Fresno's helmets last night against BSU were all chrome, and we're almost more hideous than the blue turf.

Time me for Diehard to update his avatar.

Attachment 1286
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 10-18-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.