Thread: The Delon Wright Thread

Hybrid View

I gave my son an unopened box of 1988 Donruss baseball cards for Christmas. He loved them and we've spent hours talking about my favorite players. As a result of that gift, every time this thread pops up, I think it's about Angels' player Devon White.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I gave my son an unopened box of 1988 Donruss baseball cards for Christmas. He loved them and we've spent hours talking about my favorite players. As a result of that gift, every time this thread pops up, I think it's about Angels' player Devon White.
    Damn that is a great gift. Maybe in a couple of years I will give my son my 1987 unopened fleer baseball card set.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Damn that is a great gift. Maybe in a couple of years I will give my son my 1987 unopened fleer baseball card set.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    1988 Donruss was $10 a box including shipping. 1987 Fleer and Donruss were considerably more expensive. And, and, 1987 Fleer was vulnerable to searching. There were whole cases that had zero Texas Rangers in them and no Bo Jackson cards. Caveat emptor. But, what a beautiful set. That Cory Snyder card alone was worth the price of a pack.
    "This culture doesn't sell modesty. It sells "I am more modest than you" modesty." -- Two Utes

Check that out. It's probably worth getting and forgetting about until he's older. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Topps-D...item19e6ca91f9