Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Beat the Huskies, 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    As I think about it, you might be coming close to Larry's real concerns. He said Ahmad had been killing it in practice lately, is a tough kid who "won't back down," and so forth. It seemed pretty clear by implication that Tucker's practices haven't been going so well. It was also clear that Onwas' practices have been up and down, but more "up" lately. Neither Onwas nor Fields is afraid of mixing it up physically with opponents, and they're both 6'5" -- and Onwas is pretty beefy and strong. It'll be interesting to see the lineup Thursday.
    Fields is a D.C. kid - we breed 'em tough.

We need a mad scientist to combine Tucker, Ogbe, Onwas, and Fields into one.

Tucker and Ogbe for shooting, Onwas for athleticism, and Fields for facial hair.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We need a mad scientist to combine Tucker, Ogbe, Onwas, and Fields into one.

Tucker and Ogbe for shooting, Onwas for athleticism, and Fields for facial hair.
    If we have such a scientist, I'd be much more inclined to give Bachynski's body to JO.

That elbow to the head to Delon was nasty
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Struggling.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

turning the ball over way too much.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Nice to get some calls at home. I've missed that.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    turning the ball over way too much.
    They've managed to stay in the game but will lose if they don't clean up the TOs. I hope Larry has some wise and compelling words for them at halftime.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

An inbounds play!

I hate to criticize our best player (and I've made this point before), but Delon LOVES offense and doesn't love defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I hate to criticize our best player (and I've made this point before), but Delon LOVES offense and doesn't love defense.
    Are you high?? He is probably or best defender.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Are you high?? He is probably or best defender.

No, I am not currently high. He is a really good defender (Taylor is our best, I submit), but he should be great. With his quickness, length, and anticipation he should be able to lock down any perimeter guy in the league. Instead, he stands too upright and gets beat off the dribble and goes for the cheap reach around. His athleticism allows him to be an adequate defender, but he really should be an elite one. I just think he half-asses it a lot on D.

No, I am not currently high. He is a really good defender (Taylor is our best, I submit), but he should be great. With his quickness, length, and anticipation he should be able to lock down any perimeter guy in the league. Instead, he stands too upright and gets beat off the dribble and goes for the cheap reach around. His athleticism allows him to be an adequate defender, but he really should be an elite one. I just think he half-asses it a lot on D.
    you are crazy. Did you just see that block he just made

A couple of really nice plays by Olson here at the end. He made two really nice passes that led to easy layups and then a good block that led to a run-out. Olson looks a lot more comfortable out there tonight.

I'm loving the way the guys are gutting this out, but I continue to be amazed at how easily other teams get into the paint and to the hoop.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

you are crazy. Did you just see that block he just made

He makes great defensive plays, no doubt. His anticipation steal that led to the dunk was a thing of beauty. But he coasts - watch Kodiak when we get back on defense, he's often yelling at Delon. He's a great help defender (picking up steals & blocks off the ball), but he's not a great team defender.

CJ Wilcox, what might have been. Thanks Boylen!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post

If I were at the game, I would have made a sign that said "CJ, you could have been Jordan Loveridge. You blew it."

He makes great defensive plays, no doubt. His anticipation steal that led to the dunk was a thing of beauty. But he coasts - watch Kodiak when we get back on defense, he's often yelling at Delon. He's a great help defender (picking up steals & blocks off the ball), but he's not a great team defender.
    he will be all conference defensive team.

Nice win. I like the way we closed it out. If Zona wins, we can move up, but that is in doubt arthritis moment.

Nice win. I like the way we closed it out. If Zona wins, we can move up, but that is in doubt arthritis moment.

I would like to taste .500 in Pac play before we face the UCLA/Zona couplet.

Don't blame Boylen. Blame Wilcox. And boo him all game long.

That second half was some of the best offensive basketball I've seen out of a Utah basketball team in quite some time. They were really clicking against a pretty athletic team. A lot of impressive court vision and crisp, clean passes. Also did a better job taking care of the ball after a lousy first half.

Olsen and Bach both looked good, but we really need more boards out of that spot. 6 boards in 41 minutes from the big 3 just won't cut it. That said, thanks to Loveridge we still outrebounded UW by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    If we have such a scientist, I'd be much more inclined to give Bachynski's body to JO.
    Genetics has been pretty disappointing as a science so far. Even worse than chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Olsen and Bach both looked good, but we really need more boards out of that spot. 6 boards in 41 minutes from the big 3 just won't cut it. That said, thanks to Loveridge we still outrebounded UW by 10.
    I didn't see the game thanks to an evening meeting. But we outrebounded them as a team. Maybe our bigs sealed things off for Loveridge and the others?