Thread: OK then, let's see if we can beat WSU at home -- February 8, 2014

Hybrid View

OK then, let's see if we can beat WSU at home -- February 8, 2014

Ouch.

Game to Avoid: The only game not involving at least one team that is at least 5-4 is Washington State‘s visit to Utah. Furthermore, it’s at an all too prime of a time on a Saturday as spring is springing on us and it might be a nice evening to do something else. That said, DaVonte Lacy is back and Delon Wright and the Fighting Krystkowiak’s are worth the price of admission. But if there isn’t much on the line, and we are that much closer to the end of this season, you might be best suited doing something else.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

We'd better.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

We need this game

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Utah 13.5 point favorites

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Utah 13.5 point favorites

Nice first half. Other than Shelton, WSU hasn't done much.
    On the other hand, Utes have had some nice contributions off the bench. Not sure about Fields, though.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Not sure what to think about those "Imagine U" commercials.

You don't have to go to college to go hiking & mountain-biking.
    Plus, it's harder to sell the "passionate about the environment" thing with SLC's current air-quality issues.

I guess that red balloon is something scientific, but otherwise it's commercial showing a bunch of kids on spring break who couldn't afford to go to Mexico.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    Not sure what to think about those "Imagine U" commercials.

You don't have to go to college to go hiking & mountain-biking.
    Plus, it's harder to sell the "passionate about the environment" thing with SLC's current air-quality issues.

I guess that red balloon is something scientific, but otherwise it's commercial showing a bunch of kids on spring break who couldn't afford to go to Mexico.
    I'm kind of sick of seeing it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I'm kind of sick of seeing it.
    Me too. And I'm tired of the "I think we should challenge our mortgage payment" commercial.
    But I always love the surprised kitty.
    Always.

PS - I edited the thread-title to fix the date, LA. Just FYI
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Love the way Delon sees the floor.

--Yeats