Thread: Famous People in Random Places

Famous People in Random Places

I don't travel for work too often, but when I do I always see famous people. This thread is a place to record all of the famous people you see in your daily lives.

Just last week I saw nine-time all-star Gary Sheffield. He was at the breakfast buffet at my hotel!

A few months ago while in Nashville, I saw this actor from the show "Nashville."

A few years ago, while traveling to Brazil I stayed at a Hilton and Ronaldinho showed up! He's even better looking in person.

Now that I think about it, maybe this thread should have been called "Famous People in Hotels."
    Last edited by Applejack; 02-13-2014 at 10:10 AM.

I saw LA Ute at the basketball game last night. That was pretty awe-inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    I was impressed. Most people don't recognize me when I'm wearing my Groucho nose and glasses.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Traveling between NY/Dallas and Rio 2x a month gives great opportunities for this, especially during Rock in Rio. I sat next to Slash (small man but very cool), Goldie Hawn, Lars Ulrich and I met David Neeleman on a flight to SP years ago. I see Brazilian stars all the time. I helped Rodrigo Pimentel (star of "Elite Squad") in the Admiral's Club in Big D once; he was super cool. Ivete Sangalo sat next to me a few months ago and is pretty hot in a cougar way

The all-time greatest moment was sitting behind Neil Peart on a flight to LA in 2004. I said nothing because that's how he rolls, but I did nod my head and give a quick smile when he got up to get his bag and was standing next to me. The dude is very tall.

A certain famous female anchor and I already knew each other previously (she'd have me her show frequently a few years ago when Brazil wasn't a disaster) but we've had a funny knack of seeing each other on flights (though it's been a few years since this has happened). She did a feature on my wife last year which was hilarious.
    Last edited by Viking; 02-15-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Traveling between NY/Dallas and Rio 2x a month gives great opportunities for this, especially during Rock in Rio. I sat next to Slash (small man but very cool), Goldie Hawn, Lars Ulrich and I met David Neeleman on a flight to SP years ago. I see Brazilian stars all the time. I helped Rodrigo Pimentel (star of "Elite Squad") in the Admiral's Club in Big D once; he was super cool. Ivete Sangalo sat next to me a few months ago and is pretty hot in a cougar way

The all-time greatest moment was sitting behind Neil Peart on a flight to LA in 2004. I said nothing because that's how he rolls, but I did nod my head and give a quick smile when he got up to get his bag and was standing next to me. The dude is very tall.

A certain famous female anchor and I already knew each other previously (she'd have me her show frequently a few years ago when Brazil wasn't a disaster) but we've had a funny knack of seeing each other on flights (though it's been a few years since this has happened). She did a feature on my wife last year which was hilarious.
    You sat next to Slash!!!??!??!?! That's amazing! What a dream. How many whiskeys did he have?

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    You sat next to Slash!!!??!??!?! That's amazing! What a dream. How many whiskeys did he have?

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS.
    He didn't have a single drink. I was the only inebriated person amongst the two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    He didn't have a single drink. I was the only inebriated person amongst the two of us.
    YOU OUT-DRANK SLASH!!!! You are the ultimate bad-ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    YOU OUT-DRANK SLASH!!!! You are the ultimate bad-ass!
    He told me he was sober; that would be like me claiming to outdrink Tom Monson