Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Official Travis Wilson Thread

It should make things easier for Booker since the safeties have to pay attention more.

DC was known to have said that both of his QBs last year were 'too stupid' to run his offense. Seems he was wrong about that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    DC was known to have said that both of his QBs last year were 'too stupid' to run his offense. Seems he was wrong about that too.

Anyone who has paid a little bit of attention would know how stupid he was to say this.

Travis and Kendall both have limitations (as everyone does) but neither are remotely close to stupid.

Guessing DC thinks so highly of himself he can't get out of his own way

Quote Originally Posted by jrj84105 View Post
    That was probably one of the easiest games he's played in his four years here because it was a perfect gameplan, designed to take advantage of Oregon's tendency for missed assignments by incorporating a ton of plays that were designed to create assignment confusion. TW knew where the assignments were going to breakdown before it happened. Now, we hope that watching tape of this game makes opponents assignment hypersensitive to the point where it slows their ability to react to plays or to break off assignment a little too late when it's called for.
    Dead on. And Travis was confident and calm enough to make the throws. The Travis of years past probably overthrows 1 or 2 of the touchdown passes he had on Saturday. The pass to Scott and the first to Repp were beautiful throws.

I rewatched the 60 Minuter replay last night, and I was impressed with how even the team was emotionally. They expected good things to happen. There were not a lot of big celebrations, it was brief and the. Back to business. I noticed on both interceptions, the defenders handed the ball to the ref. They bought into "giant against a giant".
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Banned
    Travis didn't look great last night. We won against a strong Cal team anyway. Travis doesn't have to be a world beater for these Utes to have success and win games. He just has to be capable and competent. The defense is outstanding and Booker is a complete beast. If Travis can keep his completion percentage above 60% we will compete in every game. If we expect to win the PAC 12 South, he is gonna have to produce some strong games along the way.

I think this is a free article:

https://utah.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1823822

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I like Travis. I really do. I think he's a tough kid who has come through some hard times with his head held high. He is going to be a great husband and father one day.

I think his biggest downfall on the football field is his best personality trait: his ability to let things roll off of him.

His footwork and mechanics just aren't what they should be for a senior QB. Those things as well as the fact he wasn't voted a captain by his team are flags that he doesn't have that mental edge to push himself and others to be the best. He just has a little too much of "this is good enough" in him, which is why he is so inconsistent.

Not a knock on the kid as a person. Like I said, I think he comes across as a wonderfully fun guy and he'll succeed in the "real world" once football is done with him.

Britain Covey on Travis's travails (stolen from Facebook):

TravisWilson.jpg
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-16-2015 at 04:04 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Britain Covey on Travis's travails (stolen from Facebook):
    That kid is a damn fine leader. Whittingham better meet him in the airport when he returns.

Stolen from FB which was stolen from Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Didn't Andy break some kind of fg record too?
    Yeah he broke King Louie's career FG mark

Travis posted the following on Instagram:

travis_wilson7The journey back home and the start of a new chapter in my life. Thank you to everyone who has helped me during my time at Utah, friends, neighbors, fans, and coaches and a special thanks to the wonderful people @parkcafeslc I will have many great memories of my time spent in Salt Lake and all the adversity I have faced during my 4 years has only helped me grow as a person and as an athlete. I know I had a lot of criticism towards my football career but one thing is I was always going to give it everything I could for Utah football and play every snap with toughness, heart, and confidence. Blessed and grateful I had the opportunity to play with these teammates and they are all friendships that will last a lifetime. Thanks again for all the great people I have crossed paths with at Utah and I will forever be a proud Ute!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I cannot disagree. The kid definitely gave it his all. We should be proud that he was a Ute.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Travis posted the following on Instagram:
    While I've been critical of his play the last half of the season, I like Travis as a man and think he's a great person. I wish him well in his endeavors.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

I think Travis might make an NFL tight end. Gronk/Graham style. Big tall tight ends are very much in style now.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

I'm always going to look back on TW fondly. I love the kid. I'll always wonder why some coach, early in his life as a football player, didn't fix his throwing mechanics before it was too late. But that's all in the past. He is a great Ute, and really was the QB who really brought us into the PAC-12. And who beat USC in a thrilling 60-second drive as time ran out!

TravisWilson2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

--Yeats