Thread: Fargo on FX

Fargo on FX

Did anyone watch this? It is a new series based loosely on the movie. Billybob Thorton is the bad guy who rolls into town and starts corrupting people to violence everywhere.

The series premiere was on Tuesday night, and it looks really good!

Anyone who is a Coen brothers fan is going to love this, they are producing it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Did anyone watch this? It is a new series based loosely on the movie. Billybob Thorton is the bad guy who rolls into town and starts corrupting people to violence everywhere.

The series premiere was on Tuesday night, and it looks really good!

Anyone who is a Coen brothers fan is going to love this, they are producing it.
    I don't get it. How do you turn a movie into a TV series? Has this ever been done well?

Edit: YES! Mr. Belvedere is based on a 1948 movie! That was a great show - an English butler in Pittsburgh!!?!?!??! What hijinks.

Mash

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Applejack, that's why it's "loosely"-based. The story has a similar use of black comedy, drama, mystery, and certain plot elements are similar, but not the same. Check it out.

I did watch it. I was a solid 7. I've read that the premiere is the weakest episode, so that's good. Billy Bob is pure evil. He does a good job, as do the other actors portraying a small town, small minded people. They moved the story along further than I thought in one episode (but I guess if you only have 10 to tell your story you can't lollygag), and it made me care for the characters.

I'm not sure if I should hate the main guy or feel bad for him.

Good stuff.

The last scene with Hanks and Billy Bob was chilling.