Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posters that need to be recruited to UB5

Posters that need to be recruited to UB5

Who is the recruiting coordinator around here?

The following need to be recruited to this site:

-VegasUte
    -runnutz
    -Portland Ute
    -Senioritis
    -several of the loyters, including loyter and MulletUte
    -WebMonkey (if only so we can get past the whole ub5 is the anti-utefans dynamic)
    -Wakara
    -utebuntu

I am doing this off the top of my head so forgive me for forgetting many good ones who should jump in here (add your own targets in this thread).

People who should not be recruited:
    -BamaFanInKY
    -ColoUte (improvident lack-wit)
    -Moose

I never understood why everyone hated Bama. He was very good about the rules, sure he posted a lot about the SEC, but it was always in the correct category. I like the outsiders view he brings

I think some of the users on your list are already on here
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Bama is nothing more than a troll. If he comes here it is only a matter of time before he is inevitably asked to leave. I liked him around for the first year or so at UFN, but he before his last couple of meltdowns he really turned hostile

I know Port is already onboard. Moose will find his way regardless of what measures you take to keep him out.

If I've missed any on that list, my apologies. I stick mainly to the sports threads so I might have missed some that have popped in quietly.

As for Bama, for me it was mostly a quantity issue. When he was on, he was replying to just about everything and the board was littered with his stuff. Also, no hope having a differing opinion with him--he'd always have the last word.

(Having said all that, the list of posters not to be recruited was intended as a joke--ColoUte is the only one who really shouldn't be recruited).

We need Turk and Lady. That would round things out nicely. Oh, and Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by 480ute View Post
    I know Port is already onboard. Moose will find his way regardless of what measures you take to keep him out.
    I saw a Moose post early the first day. It was the only post I saw. But, I imagine he will be back soon enough.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromy in SLC View Post
    I saw a Moose post early the first day. It was the only post I saw. But, I imagine he will be back soon enough.
    No way. Moose posts usually come in clusters. Similar to moose droppings.

JIC shot the moose the moment he came into his sights. He may be back in some other iteration, however.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
    JIC shot the moose the moment he came into his sights. He may be back in some other iteration, however.
    Keep an eye out for a poster by the name of Samuel the Lamanite. That was moose's latest name once he was able to weasel his way back onto utefans.

Good ones.

Also, if anyone could get Ancient Ute to come out of retirement, that would be a big plus.
    "You can do a lot in a lifetime, if you don't burn out too fast. You can make the most of the distance. First, you need endurance. First, you've got to last." - Neil Pert

If you know or have contacts with any of the people listed as desirables, by all means invite them over here. Those folks would all add to the world we are building.

Also, if anyone could get Ancient Ute to come out of retirement, that would be a big plus.
    Sure would. I hope someone has a way to contact him.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-21-2013 at 03:14 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Maybe someone should invite that Chad Sexington fellow. Just kidding.

And that iteration will shot and with any other iterations that come aboard. I'm hoping that he signs up with lol@mpfunk again.
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com

480, I can list 20-30 UFN posters that could bring more to this board than LadyUte. So why do you list her?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    And that iteration will be shot and with any other iterations that come aboard.
    As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightversion View Post
    480, I can list 20-30 UFN posters that could bring more to this board than LadyUte. So why do you list her?
    She is my eyes and ears into the happenings in the gymnastics world. She's also a friend, and I enjoy her posts. I could also put together a list of around 20-30 posters that I would love to see come over here. I threw out Turk, Mack, and Lady mainly because they are three of my personal favorites, but that doesn't mean there aren't many more I would be excited to see.

Lady is easily one of my favorites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightversion View Post
    Midnight, good to see you. Stick around!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

She is my eyes and ears into the happenings in the gymnastics world. She's also a friend, and I enjoy her posts. I could also put together a list of around 20-30 posters that I would love to see come over here. I threw out Turk, Mack, and Lady mainly because they are three of my personal favorites, but that doesn't mean there aren't many more I would be excited to see.
    A few quality gymnastics posters would be awesome. i've watched a few of the meets on the pac 12 network. women's collegiate gymnastics is really fun to watch.

gary-redmon-1.jpg

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post

-VegasUte
    -runnutz
    -Portland Ute
    -Senioritis
    -WebMonkey (if only so we can get past the whole ub5 is the anti-utefans dynamic)
    -Wakara
    -utebuntu
    -marsupial

I am doing this off the top of my head so forgive me for forgetting many good ones who should jump in here (add your own targets in this thread).

-BamaFanInKY
    -Moose
    Ahem. Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    Ahem. Fixed it for you.
    Woo Hoo!
    “The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.”
    Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post

-VegasUte
    -runnutz
    -Portland Ute
    -Senioritis
    -Wakara
    -utebuntu

-BamaFanInKY
    -Moose
    Apparently I made no impact!! That's it, I am leaving!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    A few quality gymnastics posters would be awesome. i've watched a few of the meets on the pac 12 network. women's collegiate gymnastics is really fun to watch.
    Diehard Ute is your man on that. He has a lot of connections to the gym team.

Quote Originally Posted by macktruck32 View Post
    The fact that I made it onto your list as almost an afterthought just warms my heart.
    Hey Mack,
    Welcome! I wondered how long it would take you to come over here and take a look around.
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

The fact that I made it onto your list as almost an afterthought just warms my heart.
    Last edited by macktruck32; 02-21-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Those shoes are definitely bi-curious.

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Ute Fan View Post
    Hey Mack,
    Welcome! I wondered how long it would take you to come over here and take a look around.
    Hey, SDUF. I will try to keep my snide remarks, 'That's what she said' jokes and harrowing potato farming tales to a minimum.