Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offseason Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    You are all posting readings that are too long. Don't you know this is the twitter era?

Top longest things posted in the Kelley thread:

1) 16,689 words - Northwest's post of a chapter in a book. Northwest said something about a Stanford guy, but the thing says he teaches at IUPUI. I'm about 500 words in, but it's basically unreadable. Every sentence is footnoted at least once. Is this what reading academic history is like? Where's Solon?

2) 9,321 words - The Kate Kelley brief.

3) 7,354 words - Church=Gospel article posted (twice) by LA. I'm about 2,000 words in. Great article so far. Makes me feel guilty about my home teaching.

4) 2,938 words - Wikipedia article on Junia, posted by me. I did not read all 3,000 words.

5) 2,214 words - News story posted by Diehard about a guy in a broadway show. I haven't made it to this one yet.
    Too long; didn't read.

You are all posting readings that are too long. Don't you know this is the twitter era?

Top longest things posted in the Kelley thread:

3) 7,354 words - Church=Gospel article posted (twice) by LA. I'm about 2,000 words in. Great article so far. Makes me feel guilty about my home teaching.
    Whoops. Well, I hope everyone enjoys it twice as much.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Top 5 worst fast food chains-

1- Burger King- Once a year I give it another try. I always regret it.
    2- tie- Taco Bell, Del Taco- Don't stray too far from a bathroom after eating at either
    3- Arby's- Taste isn't bad, but expect to feel bloated and lethargic for hours after
    4- McDonalds- Trying too hard to be hip, food still sucks
    5- Little Ceasars- Just awful pizza, weak sauce, sparse cheese and toppings. May vary depending on location

Top 5 Best 5 Fast Food chain (best being a relative term)

1- Carl's Jr- Many may disagree, but the Western Bacon Cheeseburger and fries put this at the top for me
    2- Dairy Queen- Personal bias, I know the owners of our local DQ and two grandaughters work there. But the food also never disappoints.
    3- In n'Out Burger- Fresh ingredients, well-done fries. Their employees freak me out, seem brainwashed to always smile
    4- Subway- Fresh ingredients, not the best, but unlimited options make it hard to come away disappointed
    5- Crown Burger- I can only eat here once in a while, and it is SLC only, but the burgers and onion rings are great
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Top 5 Bald Man Haircuts

5. Combover - this is a non-threatening man to not be trusted or considered, he is trying to hide something and badly.

4. Don't care anymore - typically long, sticking up in the air also known as The Mad Scientist

3. Finger Length - attempting to fit into society the best he can, if accompanied with a mustache he is a mass murderer among your congregation a la BTK.

2. Close trim - wants the look of #1 but lacks the conviction. Shouldn't be trusted to not try to take your job, particularly if they wear colored button down shirts and suits.

1. Shaved head - Bull Shannon was ahead of his time. Impossible to not look like a criminal, shaving your head daily requires conviction, this man is better at everything than you.

Top 5 wardrobe mistakes in a professional environment:

5. Spandex.

4. Dress shirt, open collar, undershirt visible. There's a reason it is called underwear. We don't want to see it.

3. Vans. Really?

2. Shirt tail out. Try not to look like you work in the mail room. (Our mail room guys dress neatly.)

1. Shirt tail out with jeans and vans. Try not to look like an idiot.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 06-28-2014 at 01:01 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Top 5 wardrobe mistakes in a professional environment:

5. Spandex.

4. Dress shirt, open collar, undershirt visible. There's a reason it is called underwear. We don't want to see it.

3. Vans. Really?

2. Shirt tail out. Try not to look like you work in the mail room. (Our mail room guys dress neatly.)

1. Shirt tail out with jeans and vans. Try not to look like an idiot.
    Your head would explode if you worked at my firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Your head would explode if you worked at my firm.
    I can (and do) let a lot go. I'm just goofing around here. Still, I've heard about those Orange County surfer boy law firms. I'm not surprised.

--Yeats

After seeing this I take it all back, Tom Cruise is awesome.