Thread: Baltimore

Baltimore

I'm going to Baltimore next week for a conference. Anyone have any recommendations for places to eat or things to see in the evenings?

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    I'm going to Baltimore next week for a conference. Anyone have any recommendations for places to eat or things to see in the evenings?
    Lexington market downtown has a great informal osyter bar. Bertha's restaurant in Fell's Point used to be terrific, if it is still there. Any crab house, but we used to like Obricki's.

Watch the show The Wire, then avoid those areas...

I have only been once. We had lunch at McCormick & Schmick's, and then dinner at Gorden Biersch (brat and garlic fries) in Camden Yards. I enjoyed the latter much more, but M & C's was right on the water in the inner harbor, so it was kind of nice. Not sure if it is still there.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    Baltimore is a great American city, but you have to know where to go. Everyone goes to the harbor, and rightfully so, but it is not real Baltimore-you will only see tourists there. I like a little Italian neighborhood that is just south of the harbor-good mom and pop restaurants and an Italian pastry place that is fantastic. I'm terrible with restaurant names but if you yelp "Italian pastry Baltimore," you should be in luck.

Fort McHenry is a pretty cool place, I really like it as a historical visit.

The aquarium is crowded and overrated.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.