Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1158

Thread: The Kyle Whittingham Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    what was that?

I'm sorry ... did you call your shot that we'd win the South after we lost Huntley and Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    I'm sorry ... did you call your shot that we'd win the South after we lost Huntley and Moss?
    You, LAUte, and Chris Hill, you’re all weak. I would not like to be in a fox hole with any of you. This is you all:

http://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Su is being very gauche in this thread. There is no reason to highlight family squabbles during a great event. Very Trumpian.

Save it for toolblue who I assume listened to the game on the radio.

Those of us who love the Utes and the U of U are thrilled right now. We’re all proud of this historic team, who now have a great story. They battled amazing adversity — three bad losses, including two in the early season, and then, just as they were in the middle of an amazing turnaround, losing their starting QB and NFL- class running back— and they came right back to win their very first division title, in a gritty and joyful style. They shed their baggage — the November curse, the big game curse, the QB depth curse, the “overly cautious with a lead” curse, the “we have no offense or offensive identity” curse, and every other curse of the last 10 years, and now have a clear path to the Rose Bowl! It’s about this team and this coaching staff, who have figured things out and thrown multiple monkeys off their backs. Let’s forget our doubts and celebrate. This is a historic season!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    You, LAUte, and Chris Hill, you’re all weak. I would not like to be in a fox hole with any of you. This is you all:

http://youtu.be/dsx2vdn7gpY
    SU, my Ute brother, haven’t I told you again and again to avoid posting late at night after too many appletinis?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Whitt mentioned as a possible replacement for Helton. Matt Wells also mentioned for the CU job:

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-takeaway...070714502.html

This season is Wells' big ticket to P5. He should take whatever offer comes. Who knows if/when he'll have another chance?
    Coaching is a crazy business. When the Aggies struggled early last year many people thought Wells would be fired and, when Andersen quit at OSU, the prevailing thought was that he would go back to USU. The Aggies rebounded, made a bowl and Wells lived to coach another year. We all know how well the Aggies have done this year and his name is being mentioned as a P5 coach. Another example is Dave Schramm. With David Carr at Fresno, he is OC of the year and two years later, with no QB, he is fired. He is back at Weber and they are also doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    The fire whitt contingent is a little grumpy this morning

:

Tic

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    The fire whitt contingent is a little grumpy this morning

:

Tic
    It doesn’t bother me when people bring up my misses. I do have a problem with the neener-neener mindset that looks for foils to torment immediately after a massive moment in program history. I’d rather seek out Zoobs or fans of other PAC 12 teams than my own.

Oh please. We are men. We need to air our wins immediately and not silently hold them, pent up for a decade, to bring them out at a family party for maximum effect the way our wives would.

Whatever happened to huskyfreenorthwest? Thanks for the win, duck man.
    Oh man, he has been through some really bad times the past few years. I really hope he and his family is doing better. He is a terrific guy.

Oh, that's too bad. He's easily the best zoob poster we ever had.
    He’s more an Oregon fan than a BYU fan. Very good guy.

--Yeats

Kyle Whittingham Signs Contract Extension with Utes

https://utahutes.com/news/2019/3/4/f...with-utes.aspx

Well, OK then! I often find his style frustrating but I’m on board for the ride and will continue my avid Utes fan support. I’m kind of feeling it these days. Go Utes!

--Yeats

The Kyle Whittingham Thread

My personal frustrations aside, Kyle’s our guy. Why not just enjoy the ride? Go Kyle!

Details of Utes Coach Kyle Whittingham's new, $4 million-plus contract revealed

https://kutv.com/sports/college/deta...tract-revealed
    Last edited by LA Ute; 03-12-2019 at 05:31 AM.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Kyle Whittingham Signs Contract Extension with Utes

https://utahutes.com/news/2019/3/4/f...with-utes.aspx

Well, OK then! I often find his style frustrating but I’m on board for the ride and will continue my avid Utes fan support. d bal max is the dynamite bodybuilding supplement I’m kind of feeling it these days. Go Utes!
    I'm his big fan but yes, sometimes his style IS annoying.
    Last edited by DavidMarlowe; 08-03-2022 at 01:23 PM.

My personal frustrations aside, Kyle’s our guy. Why not just enjoy the ride? Go Kyle!

Details of Utes Coach Kyle Whittingham's new, $4 million-plus contract revealed

https://kutv.com/sports/college/deta...tract-revealed
    Do you like Kyle's style? The last dozen posts on this thread are unclear...

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Do you like Kyle's style? The last dozen posts on this thread are unclear...
    We heretics have a tendency to be compulsive about explaining ourselves.

--Yeats

We heretics have a tendency to be compulsive about explaining ourselves.
    More like justifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    More like justifying.
    I rest my case.

--Yeats

I can't remember where I read this, but I believe Ludwig is making $820k per year. His last year at Utah he was making about $175 and took a job at KState that paid him about $280. I think it said that both Morgan and Harding are making $500 or so and they are in the second year of a 2 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    I can't remember where I read this, but I believe Ludwig is making $820k per year. His last year at Utah he was making about $175 and took a job at KState that paid him about $280. I think it said that both Morgan and Harding are making $500 or so and they are in the second year of a 2 year contract.
    Ludwig is getting that much money, and has a 3 year deal. He also has bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang, I guess if you are not paying out $200,000,000+ settlements, then you can spend your cash on coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Dang, I guess if you are not paying out $200,000,000+ settlements, then you can spend your cash on coaches.
    All of this makes me wonder if KW nudged TT out. Looks like he wanted someone closer to his philosophy with experience and was willing to pay for it. An upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    All of this makes me wonder if KW nudged TT out. Looks like he wanted someone closer to his philosophy with experience and was willing to pay for it. An upgrade.
    Maybe, but I think it's clear that Ludwig was not the first choice. Maybe less clear, but it also seems that we contacted/interviewed people of various offensive philosophies.

Maybe, but I think it's clear that Ludwig was not the first choice. Maybe less clear, but it also seems that we contacted/interviewed people of various offensive philosophies.
    FWIW, I read somewhere credible (I think) that Andy was always KW’s first choice.

On a separate note. I like the hire. He’s a widely experienced OC (something we haven’t had since Norm Chow’s 1-year stint), has had success at Utah, wants to be here, has a philosophy that fits with Kyle’s. There’s a lot to like about Ludwig at Utah.

--Yeats

FWIW, I read somewhere credible (I think) that Andy was always KW’s first choice.

On a separate note. I like the hire. He’s a widely experienced OC (something we haven’t had since Norm Chow’s 1-year stint), has had success at Utah, wants to be here, has a philosophy that fits with Kyle’s. There’s a lot to like about Ludwig at Utah.
    I agree. I would bet this is the last OC that Kyle hires in his career at Utah.

I'm also happy with Ludwig. Everything in mainstream press, the rumor mill, and twitter indicated that Ludwig was not the first choice. Ultimately, though, we're all happy, and Kyle's happy, so it's good.

Of course, the fact that ludwig may not have been K w's 1st choice has nothing to do with whether TT was forced out. He could have been nudged out over Sarkisian and everybody else. It sounds to me like KW wanted to more experience OC, and was willing to pay to get it

I'm also happy with Ludwig. Everything in mainstream press, the rumor mill, and twitter indicated that Ludwig was not the first choice. Ultimately, though, we're all happy, and Kyle's happy, so it's good.
    Yeah, I don’t care which choice he was.

--Yeats

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Of course, the fact that ludwig may not have been K w's 1st choice has nothing to do with whether TT was forced out. He could have been nudged out over Sarkisian and everybody else. It sounds to me like KW wanted to more experience OC, and was willing to pay to get it
    I like this choice the more it sinks in for his experience alone. I think this might even be a case of two coaches who have grown a lot since they were last together and it might even be a formula for something special. TT was a risky hire, and he did okay, but not great. Let's not forget this was his first exposure at a P5 level as a coach. Now we've got a guy who has probably forgotten more about football than I've ever known.

Let's bring back some 2008 magic.