Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
Hold it. I hope that by saying I'm prone to being indifferent on Kyle's future at Utah, that I'm not indicating that I don't appreciate what he does Sunday through Friday for the program. Because I do, and I've never said anything to minimize it. OK, maybe I don't give a fluff about grad rates, but that's because a lot of schools have their players major in eligibility and Kyle has to play that game. But as for running a clean program, I respect the hell out of Kyle for doing that.

Yes, there are worse things than going 9-4 every year. There are also much better things than going 9-4 every year, and I don't even expect them every year. I just want them to happen at least once: Win the South. Play in the Rose Bowl. That's what being in the Pac-12 is all about. It's not about going 27-1 in non-league games. It's not about playing in the league's 6th or 7th-best bowl. It's not about leaving BYU in the dust. Those are nice, help keep the program in a favorable light and make sure Kyle has more money than he'll ever need. But it hasn't done a thing toward achieving the two primary objectives the program has set for itself every year.
Fair enough.

We all want the Rose Bowl, eventually. It’s been said many times but the two AZ schools combined have played 58 seasons in this conference and have a single Rose Bowl appearance. This year I think we had a legit shot, the margin was slim and the loss of Huntley all but eliminated that possibility. But, with a few breaks we still could win the South. I think more important than winning the South is make it to one of the top tier PAC-12 affiliated bowl games like the Holiday or the Alamo. I know the two are closely related but that would show improvement IMO.

Lastly, with a healthy Huntley I still don’t think we defeat the devils on Saturday. ASU is better at home than most people think. Last year UW went into Phoenix ranked #5 and lost to a 7-5 ASU team.