Thread: The Kyle Whittingham Thread

Hybrid View

Terrors of the PAC 12 has a nice ring to it!
    Last edited by ute4eva; 02-03-2015 at 07:21 PM.

If you would've taken the uneasy vibe heading into the season, ignored the on-field results and took a look at where the top in-state players committed to, I'd wager a substantial amount of money that Kyle was fired somewhere in between. Wasn't that our mantra all last offseason? If we win, recruiting will pick up?

(We should still be a South contender next year. Definitely a spoiler for a team or two, a la UCLA and USC.)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    If you would've taken the uneasy vibe heading into the season, ignored the on-field results and took a look at where the top in-state players committed to, I'd wager a substantial amount of money that Kyle was fired somewhere in between. Wasn't that our mantra all last offseason? If we win, recruiting will pick up?

(We should still be a South contender next year. Definitely a spoiler for a team or two, a la UCLA and USC.)
    I think this recruiting class is a solid notch above last year's and would have been even better without the coaching drama over the last six weeks. Still, there is a lag in recruiting. A lot of it is done in the spring and summer and during that period many recruits had already crossed off a team that was staring at its third straight losing season and probably a new coaching staff.

This class was a step up and the next one will be better again provided Utah has another winning season and better coaching stability.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Wasn't that our mantra all last offseason? If we win, recruiting will pick up?
    It was also our mantra that if we win, Kyle will be safe from hotseat talk. We should be enjoying a season of optimism, but we talked ourselves out of it. I don't think many recruits are reading what we write, but I do think the local recruits/parents can sense optimism/pessimism in a fan base.