Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,117 of 1117

Thread: The Kyle Whittingham Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    I like this choice the more it sinks in for his experience alone. I think this might even be a case of two coaches who have grown a lot since they were last together and it might even be a formula for something special. TT was a risky hire, and he did okay, but not great. Let's not forget this was his first exposure at a P5 level as a coach. Now we've got a guy who has probably forgotten more about football than I've ever known.

Let's bring back some 2008 magic.
    It's the first OC hire that makes complete sense that KW has made since Chow.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I had the chance to work very closely with Andy and the offense during his previous stint at Utah. I did self-scout analytics where you examine the offense from an analytical standpoint to try to see what opposing defensive staffs see. It was really pretty interesting stuff if you like that kind of thing. Anyway, Andy's strength IMO is that he really engages the offensive staff in all aspects of game planning. He and the WR coach each reviewed the personnel and schemes of upcoming opponents and came up with their own list of those plays that they each believed would work best given our personnel. The OL and RB coaches did the same for the run game. They would then sit down together and put together their game package. It was a very disciplined process that engaged each coach and resulted in a cohesive offensive staff. I'm excited to see how this season progresses.

Why Utah AD Mark Harlan felt Kyle Whittingham deserved a new deal

I'm growing, I guess, or maybe evolving. I'm feeling OK about Kyle. So as not to irritate AJ, I won't say anything about style.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

The Kyle Whittingham Thread

Here’s who is speaking at the press conference in 10 minutes. Look at the name cards and draw your own conclusions.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Here’s who is speaking at the press conference in 10 minutes. Look at the name cards and draw your own conclusions.

We're getting great rates on autos!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    We're getting great rates on autos!
    Jettas for all the players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Jettas for all the players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol!