Thread: The Kyle Whittingham Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    <Raises hand>

There are worse situations to be in than to have Morgan Scalley waiting in the wings. That I don't like CIW agreements and giving alumni their first big break doesn't mean I'm opposed to Morgan. I'd rather try something new as we're fortunate enough to flex some P5 muscle in hiring coaches, let Morgan get some HC experience elsewhere, and then hire him back to Utah if an experiment away from the current coaching tree doesn't work.
    Phil Bengsten comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Hire an assistant - plenty of examples of that working out well, plenty of it not working out.

Hire a rising G5 star, same thing.

Hire a famous alum, same thing.

Hire a former NFL coach, same thing.

If there was a proven formula that everyone could do, everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Wow! There's a name from the long past! I'll see you Bengston and raise you Ed Orgeron, Chris Petersen and Mario Cristobal. And Kyle Whittingham.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Wow! There's a name from the long past! I'll see you Bengston and raise you Ed Orgeron, Chris Petersen and Mario Cristobal. And Kyle Whittingham.
    You forgot David Shaw. Cristobal and Orgeron are not in the same category, because they both had prior head coach experience; Orgeron signficant trial and error experience.
    Last edited by concerned; 12-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Ryan Day....Lincoln Riley....Dabo Swinney....