Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
My HS junior daughter missed the first 3 days of seminary last week. We asked her about it last weekend and I could tell she was holding back. I could tell she was struggling with the church, its culture and her testimony. She's always known I've been irreverent with my attitude towards different aspects of the church -- little things like raising the right hand to thank or welcome someone, taking the sac with right hand, white shirts, sweaters for prom dresses, etc…. When I opened up about my doubts and struggles on doctrinal aspects, she asked my wife to leave so she could talk privately….and the floodgates opened. She sobbed and sobbed. Turns out she didn't want to disappoint us and felt like she was alone on an island. Had a great 2 hour chat about things we could hold onto and not lose ground on, (Elder Holland's advice), and things that bothered us but in the scheme of things how much what bothered us really mattered?

We decided we'd just go through this journey together and promise to try our best to endure till the end.

It was a wonderful parenting moment.
very nice mUUser, I found it very difficult to let my daughter make her own choices when I knew what was best for her

It's a tough lesson to realize they are their own unique individuals and they are simply on lease to you for a short while.