Thread: Favorite restaurants

Favorite restaurants

I'm surprised there wasn't already a thread like this in the Slice of the Pie thread.

My wife and I decided to drive up to Layton and have breakfast at Sill's this morning. Waiting for a table sucks on a weekend morning, but the food is always worth it. I passed on their SOS on the hash browns, and opted for their sausage party instead OB bacon. I chose well, it was a very satisfying meal.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

During our visit to Salt Lake last week we ate at Cafe Trio (I don't think the name is a jab at Cafe Rio) and really liked it. I'd never heard of it before, but I learned it's been in SLC for about 10 years. You Utahns probably know all about the place (and the Cottonwood location).

http://www.triodining.com/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    During our visit to Salt Lake last week we ate at Cafe Trio (I don't think the name is a jab at Cafe Rio) and really liked it. I'd never heard of it before, but I learned it's been in SLC for about 10 years. You Utahns probably know all about the place (and the Cottonwood location).

http://www.triodining.com/
    Fairly certain Trio came before Rio. The original location is the better of the two as well

One of my favorite slc haunts that I hit every time I am back in town is crown burger. I know that's not fine cuisine, but it's still the best burger in my opinion. All that pastrami....

And red iguana is awesome. A Molé plate with bacon is my favorite, just can't remember what it is actually called.

For good but basically healthy comfort food we like Zuppa's on 400 South just below 700 East.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

This is probably meaningless to everyone, but my family recently moved to San Clemente. There are two affiliated restaurants called Nick's and South of Nick's in San Clemente that are just shockingly, amazingly good. If any of you are ever down here you should check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    This is probably meaningless to everyone, but my family recently moved to San Clemente. There are two affiliated restaurants called Nick's and South of Nick's in San Clemente that are just shockingly, amazingly good. If any of you are ever down here you should check them out.
    I'm in Mission Viejo today. Is lunch at Nick's good?

--Yeats

I would certainly assume so, although I haven't been there for lunch.

I travel to the East Bay area a few times a year for work. Every time I go, I always stop in Lafayette to eat at Uncle Yu's, an upscale chinese restaurant. Their Peking Chicking is amazing. It is chicken breast pounded flat, lightly battered and fried, then sauteed in a sweet and spicy sauce. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else, and I find myself craving it from time to time.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.