Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bravo UofU!

Hybrid View

University of Utah School of Medicine Honors Russell M. Nelson

School creates Dr. Russell M. Nelson and Dantzel W. Nelson Presidential Endowed Chair in Cardiothoracic Surgery

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/artic...ssell-m-nelson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Impressive numbers.

In the Wall Street Journal rankings Utah jumped from #312 in 2018 to #169 in 2019. Clearly, hanging out in the PAC-12 has been good for the neighborhood.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/explore..._copyURL_share

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Applications to the U. are up 45% and the acceptance rate is 67%. To get In applicants must generally have a 3.6 GPA and a 27 ACT. I imagine there are waivers for athletes and others in special categories.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Applications to the U. are up 45% and the acceptance rate is 67%. To get In applicants must generally have a 3.6 GPA and a 27 ACT. I imagine there are waivers for athletes and others in special categories.
    Are you sure? Have you fact checked that on Cougarboard?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Bravo UofU!

Luke Skywalker pimping the U for prosthetic arm.

https://attheu.utah.edu/facultystaff...rosthetic-arm/

Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 08-03-2019 at 04:46 PM.

This is nice.

U jumps in national rankings

https://attheu.utah.edu/facultystaff...onal-rankings/

--Yeats

Chris Hill entering Utah Sports Hall of Fame

https://utahutes.com/news/2019/10/14...l-of-fame.aspx

--Yeats

Big time, Bill, big time! Big time!

Really, another huge step for the university.

Can someone ELI5 as to why this is big? I've read a lot of people saying it is, but I'm not familiar with such academic things.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Can someone ELI5 as to why this is big? I've read a lot of people saying it is, but I'm not familiar with such academic things.
    It's just a club of universities that consider themselves better than the rest, and they've invited us to join. It might enhance research collaborations or help bring in more grant money.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    It's just a club of universities that consider themselves better than the rest, and they've invited us to join. It might enhance research collaborations or help bring in more grant money.
    And do things like attract better professors...

The university made another big announcement today. Starting in 2020, if you're a Utah resident, never before enrolled, with a 3.2 GPA and Pell grant eligible, they'll give you four years of tuition.

https://admissions.utah.edu/forutah/...K5NcGF02O9_wvU
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 11-07-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    https://www.chronicle.com/article/Ne...list_hp_latest

This is a pretty terrific accomplishment.

--Yeats