Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Dirty Beaver Joke Here. The 2014 OSU thread.

FYI: http://www.utahutes.com/sports/m-foo...101314aaa.html

No. 20/23 Utah (4-1, 1-1 Pac-12) plays Oregon State (4-1, 1-1) on Thursday, Oct. 16 in Corvallis, Ore. The game will kick off at 7:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. MT in Reser Stadium and will be televised on FOX Sports 2, as well as KMYU in Salt Lake City. Radio is ESPN700 AM and Sirius 91/XM 91.> The Utah-OSU football game originally scheduled for a FOX Sports 1 national telecast has been moved to FOX Sports 2 (DirectTV channel 618; Dish channel 397) to accommodate game five of MLB's National League Championship Series. The Ute game will also be aired on KMYU in Salt Lake City, found on Comcast channel 643 (HD)/22 (SD) and satellite channel 12.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Due to the MLB playoffs, Pac-12 Networks will carry FOX Sports' broadcast of Utah at Oregon State on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona, Pac-12 Mountain and Pac-12 Oregon. Online the game will stream at Pac-12.com/live and our Pac-12 Now app. The game also will be broadcast on FOX Sports 2 and the FOX Sports GO app. Kickoff is 7 p.m. PT/8 p.m. MT with FOX’s Tim Brando, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft calling the action.
    The week's complete football television and live streaming schedule including contests on Pac-12 Networks, the ESPN family of networks and the FOX family of networks is as follows:
    Thursday, Oct. 16
    Utah at Oregon State, 7 p.m. PT/8 MT, Pac-12 Networks (live stream here) and FOX Sports 2 (live stream here)

Saturday, Oct. 18
    UCLA at California, 12:30 p.m. PT, ABC regional/ESPN2 (live stream here)
    Colorado at USC, 3 p.m. PT/4 MT, Pac-12 Networks (live stream here)
    Washington at Oregon, 5 p.m. PT, FOX Sports 1 (live stream here)
    Stanford at Arizona State, 7:30 p.m. PT, ESPN (live stream here)
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

The TV situation looked like it was going to be a complete cluster due to the baseball series, but I am glad they decided to get it put on as many platforms as possible.

Great. PAC-12 Washington will probably carry a replay of a soccer game. Stupid baseball game!

Hopefully the network will carry the only football game at the time...

From the Pac 12 Mailbag:

Peter in Denver writes: The OSU vs. Utah game seems very pivotal. They are both 4-1 and the loser of this game may miss a bowl game (Utah's schedule is brutal). While the winner could be a dark horse to win their respective division (either would control its own destiny with a win). What do the Beavers need to do to win this game?

Kevin Gemmell: Oregon State is already in the hole since it's playing at home. Nothing the Beavers can do about that, though.

This is a huge swing game we were targeting several weeks ago that could make or break the postseason hopes of either team. Let’s start with the Utes. After this week they’ve got USC, at Arizona State, Oregon, at Stanford, Arizona and at Colorado. If you would have asked me in the preseason if the Utes would go into the Rose Bowl and win, I’d probably say no. Then again, I didn’t think they’d lose at home to WSU, either. If Utah beats Oregon State, it’s hard not to imagine them finding at least one more win from that bunch.

As for the Beavers, I wouldn’t say it’s that much easier. At Stanford before three straight home games against Cal, WSU and ASU before closing on the road at Washington and then home for the Civil War.

So what does OSU have to do to win? First, start by containing Nate Orchard. If they can do that, it will lead to step No. 2, run the football successfully. When they do that, they can set up the pass. The hope is that Victor Bolden is closer to 100 percent. The off week helped in that regard. I’d also avoid kicking to Kaelin Clay. But that’s just me.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

For those in the valley with Dish, I found the game will be on Fox Sports 2, channel 397.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    For those in the valley with Dish, I found the game will be on Fox Sports 2, channel 397.
    Its on the pac 12 network as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

So, I think I remember reading that OSU has a player suspended for the first half for a targeting ejection. Anyone know about this? Is it someone they will really miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Its on the pac 12 network as well

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I couldn't find it there which is why I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    So, I think I remember reading that OSU has a player suspended for the first half for a targeting ejection. Anyone know about this? Is it someone they will really miss?
    I looked it up. It's Brandon Arnold, a back up safety and special teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I couldn't find it there which is why I posted.
    Pac12 National, Mountain, Oregon and Arizona have it

So which chanel will everyone be watching the game on? Do you think they'll all use the same video feeds or will we have high quality HD on one station while another looks like they're filming with an old phone from the stands?

Does anyone know who the announcers are?

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    So which chanel will everyone be watching the game on? Do you think they'll all use the same video feeds or will we have high quality HD on one station while another looks like they're filming with an old phone from the stands?

Does anyone know who the announcers are?
    The feed will be the same. Pac12 and KMYU are just picking up Fox Sports feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    The feed will be the same. Pac12 and KMYU are just picking up Fox Sports feed.
    Thank you sir!

PAC-12 Washington and Los Angeles will show the UW-UCLA soccer game from 6-8. The Utah - OSU game appears to be on a 1 HR delay, starting at 8. GRRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    PAC-12 Washington and Los Angeles will show the UW-UCLA soccer game from 6-8. The Utah - OSU game appears to be on a 1 HR delay, starting at 8. GRRRR!
    On Dish, according to my TV, it's on channel 397 at 7:00 PDT.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Do you not get the national channel?

If not check see if you have fox sports 2

There's always streaming

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Do you not get the national channel?

If not check see if you have fox sports 2

There's always streaming
    The national channel is only in SD on Xfinity. And I don't think I have Fox2.

I hope it is just a typo and the game will be bradcadt live and in beautiful HD...

Offense a little jumpy early here.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Looks like a TD.

Man. I thought we had that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Looks like a TD.
    Eh, I'm not so sure, but whatever.

Is thompson scrambling prematurely. Or is the pocket breaking down. I'm not paying close enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Is thompson scrambling prematurely. Or is the pocket breaking down. I'm not paying close enough attention.
    He doesn't seem to be going through his progression before scrambling.

That's my impression as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    That's my impression as well.
    Booker was wide open on first down.

I went back and watched that. We need to settle down.

Cannot let them extend drives.

Nice recovery.

Rowe limped off, and Paul doesn't look 100% to me (just a step slow). Put nothing is slowing down Norris or Orchard.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.