Thread: The official "What did Dell Schanze do now?" thread.

Threaded View

The official "What did Dell Schanze do now?" thread.

This guy gets into trouble in bizarre ways so often, I feel he deserves his own thread.

For those who are unawares, Dell Schanze is somewhat of a local celebrity figure here in the valley. He owned and operated a local computer retail chain named Totally Awesome Computers under the name of "Super Dell". His over the top style in his commercials were somewhat of a cult hit as they were very memorable. His style was certainly no act as since he left that business, he's gotten himself into a few interesting situations.

• In 2001, the BBB gave Totally Awesome Computers a negative listing due to misleading ads on warranties. Dell fought it by organizing a rally outside the local BBB offices.
    • In 2003, he got himself into trouble when, in an ad, Schanze said a fictitious Indian tribe called the Shiffer died off due to being intellectually challenged.
    • 2006 seemed to be a banner year for Super Dell:
      • Residents in Draper confronted Super Dell about his driving too quickly through the neighborhood, to which he responded by pulling a gun.
      • He ran afoul for pulling a gun when charged with reckless driving.
      • He caused a stir and got the attention of the Utah Highway Patrol by buzzing I15 in his ultralight glider.

• In 2008, he ran for governor, accumulating less than 3% of the vote.
    • In 2010, he tried running for Mayor of Saratoga Springs, falling far short there as well.
    • In 2011, he faced misdemeanor charges in Astoria, Oregon, for jumping from the 125-foot tall Astoria Column while wearing a gliding device.

It seems his life quieted down a bit until recently, when this happened. I swear I am not making this up:

Dell Schanze facing federal charges in alleged owl-kicking incident

I'm offering this thread up for following events involving Dell Schanze as there seems to be no end to what he will attempt to do.
    Last edited by U-Ute; 10-30-2014 at 02:37 PM.