Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Riley's favorite team vs Bill Riley's current team - the Utah-Kansas game thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Better than the Wizards. The Kansas game would have been a good one to see. They have a sweet little WCC style court on campus I think they should use more.
    I used to go play pick-up in that mega gym they have on campus. It has something like 6 courts all in a row. There were some really good games there. I never understood why they would force their students to trek all the way to Chinatown to watch the hoops team.

Not getting good shots. This is a tough opponent here.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Good grief. This is the absolute last thing we wanted to see happen.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

It'd be nice if we could hit a wide open shot
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Good grief. This is the absolute last thing we wanted to see happen.
    We've had cold streaks in games for as long as I can remember. I wish we could solve that.

That said, Kansas is good.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    We've had cold streaks in games for as long as I can remember. I wish we could solve that.

That said, Kansas is good.
    That was a cold streak on steroids. Trading turnovers for 2s and 3s by Kansas.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

That was a cold streak on steroids. Trading turnovers for 2s and 3s by Kansas.
    It's in those moments (and we had it vs. BYU as well) where we show our youth and miss Loverage.

This reminds me of the TCU debacle. Hyped game, national TV, total team fail. Ouch. Maybe we can make it more respectable in the second half, but we don't have the offense to narrow the score much.

--Yeats

This reminds me of the TCU debacle. Hyped game, national TV, total team fail. Ouch. Maybe we can make it more respectable in the second half, but we don't have the offense to narrow the score much.
    I wouldn't go that far...not even close.

We're showing some fight here.

Basketball team is freezing cold.

I wouldn't go that far...not even close.

We're showing some fight here.
    Yes. I gave up too soon.

--Yeats

Yes. I gave up too soon.
    Well, even so, there's a ton to learn from this game. No matter the outcome, it's a net positive for this team, especially heading into conference play.

Well, even so, there's a ton to learn from this game. No matter the outcome, it's a net positive for this team, especially heading into conference play.
    Maybe I should keep giving up. It seems to help!

--Yeats

Maybe I should keep giving up. It seems to help!
    Thankful I missed the first 1/2.
    This team at least does not give up, & they are growing up.

Had a huge opportunity on a pick and roll that last possession that we missed.

Looking good. Keep doing just what they're doing.

Weight w huge free throws.

Jakob---nice hands---they should have hacked him & put him on tht line.

Not sure what Reyes contributes offensively. Must be a behind the scenes guy.

--Yeats

I'm curious how bad his thumb is. He seems to have really started struggling once that bandage showed up he's certainly vanished

Wright should have finished that one.

Needed that and to avoid that steal. Big defensive possession here.

Taylor caused the Brekkot turnover---stayed behind him so his man could down down from behind.

That airball and the Chapman TO were pretty deadly.

--Yeats

Man....too hard from Dakari

That's a weak call from the refs

Well I am not a big moral victory guy, but that was one.

We still need to learn to keep our heads in the final seconds of close games. A trey attempt by Poeltl?

Still, this game helps us at tournament selection time.

--Yeats

We did a great job to fight and scrap back into the game against probably a better team. That said, you have to be able to get good shots if you're going to stall with the lead with 4 min to go. Given where the game was with momentum, and the lead, I really feel like we handed it to them.

All that said, this game helps us in every single way.

miss Loveridge--would be interesting to see if he can show up in a big game like this--guess we find out in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Thankful I missed the first 1/2.
    This team at least does not give up, & they are growing up.
    I only saw the first half and missed the second. Glad to see them fight back. It like this team.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."