Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bowl season

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Mike Sanford Jr is passing his OC audition so far.
    True, but Brian Harsin's wife cooks wearing only an apron. And takes pictures doing it. And they get leaked to the web. And hilarity ensues. And she is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    True, but Brian Harsin's wife cooks wearing only an apron. And takes pictures doing it. And they get leaked to the web. And hilarity ensues. And she is gorgeous.

Harsin's 3rd down calls are a curious example of how the......wait, what?
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

I'm super disappointed in Ole Miss and Arizona. They should fire their coaches. Arizona played virtually at home. Disgusting game.

You see it again and again, the angry teams win the bowl games.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 12-31-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

If TCU deserved to be in, who is out? TCU did not deserve to be in at all. Partly because of their stupid 10 team conference (which TCU did not win until they changed the rules towards the end of the season) and partly because their OOC schedule sucked.

FSU - undefeated.
    Alabama/Oregon - SOS much harder, conference champs.
    Ohio St. - only loss because they lost their Heisman QB. SOS similar, but Ohio St played and won a conference title game.

TCU - loss not due to injury, weak SOS, no Conf championship game.

Nice, Arizona. You've disgraced us, after your conference was looking invincible.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Nice, Arizona. You've disgraced us, after your conference was looking invincible.
    That was great. I'll never understand Ute fans who hate Boise. I have loved them ever since the Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl. Arizona is 10 times more hateable.

And if I'm an Arizona recruit, I'm super pumped to get chewed out by RichRod every single time I come off the field. Yipee.

That was great. I'll never understand Ute fans who hate Boise. I have loved them ever since the Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl. Arizona is 10 times more hateable.

And if I'm an Arizona recruit, I'm super pumped to get chewed out by RichRod every single time I come off the field. Yipee.
    Boise's always angry so it's a great bowl team. Arizona is soft and lost its passion after Oregon slaughtered it. This was all about coaching; all mental.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Boise's always angry so it's a great bowl team.
    3-0 in the fiesta bowl is pretty cool.

Mannnn...Baylor's offense sure is fun. They just scored a TD throwing to an o lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Mannnn...Baylor's offense sure is fun. They just scored a TD throwing to an o lineman.
    That was a pretty awesome play. Completely fooled Michigan State.

Baylor receivers can also catch.

sigh......

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Baylor receivers can also catch.

sigh......
    Hilarious. Turns out the defensive side of the ball does matter. There are only a handful of teams out there capable of giving up 42 to sparty.

Boise is 3-0 in the fiesta, and they were all great games full of drama. We need the fiesta to sign a special deal to bring the Broncos in every year.

Agreed. All offense doesn't help--just ask Washington State. Having some of both is nice.

Hilarious. Turns out the defensive side of the ball does matter. There are only a handful of teams out there capable of giving up 42 to sparty.

lol.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

MSU had 552 total yards and 29 first downs. Imagine how pissed Utah fans would be if the team gave up those numbers to a Big Ten team (other than Ohio State).

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

I wonder if FSU has seen anything like Oregon's athleticism this season.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Rose Bowl is going to be good. Both teams have shown up to play.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I wonder if FSU has seen anything like Oregon's athleticism this season.
    Probably not. They don't look intimidated by it at all!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Probably not. They don't look intimidated by it at all!
    In the beginning they seemed a little surprised by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

In the beginning they seemed a little surprised by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They did.

My house erupted w cheers when Winston was short for the td on 4th down. We do not want Florida state at all. None of us.

Great rose bowl so far.

Ducks end first half w sloppy play. Marriotta w a very uncharacteristic pick.

And this is where Winston shines - pressure offense situations.

I think we need to drastically improve our marching band. Florida State's band is putting on a pretty amazing Rose Bowl halftime show. I'd like to see us get ours up to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    I think we need to drastically improve our marching band. Florida State's band is putting on a pretty amazing Rose Bowl halftime show. I'd like to see us get ours up to that level.
    I didn't see it but I agree re: our band. Also do something different w the band uniforms. Oregon just wears sweats. Not that casual but also not the weird military look that we and everyone else has. I don't have any suggestions. No. But I would think we have some design students who could put something very cool together.

I'm kind of embarrassed for FSU's players -- about half of them -- who went straight to the locker room after the game.

--Yeats

I'm kind of embarrassed for FSU's players -- about half of them -- who went straight to the locker room after the game.
    Sitting in the south end zone at games I'd say that it's really not uncommon in football for a lot of guys from both teams to just sort of wander off.

And now there's video of Oregon players chanting "no means no".....so I think not shaking hands is probably minor in the embarrassed category.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    And now there's video of Oregon players chanting "no means no".....so I think not shaking hands is probably minor in the embarrassed category.
    Nothing embarrassing about that. The rapist QB deserves much worse than that directed at him.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    So I said to David Eckstein, "You promised me, Eckstein, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life, there have only been one set of prints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most, have you not been there for me?" David Eckstein replied, "Because my little legs had gotten tired, and you were carrying me." And I looked down and saw that I was still carrying David Eckstein.
    --fjm.com