Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bowl season

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Sitting in the south end zone at games I'd say that it's really not uncommon in football for a lot of guys from both teams to just sort of wander off.
    Maybe, but it seemed more pronounced this time.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Banned
    Absolutely loving that Ohio State knocked out Alabama. I can't stand the SEC. Hell Yeah!

Well hopefully next season the SEC is treated more like an over rated conference and less like the greatest conference of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Nothing embarrassing about that. The rapist QB deserves much worse than that directed at him.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Guess Oregon's coach doesn't agree

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    Well hopefully next season the SEC is treated more like an over rated conference and less like the greatest conference of all time.
    ESPN still has a huge interest in the SEC... so it will be business as usual. It is nice to see the National Championship earned on the field.

Wow. That was a terrific game by Ohio State. Never count urban Meyer out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Guess Oregon's coach doesn't agree
    Did he address the chanting?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Did he address the chanting?
    http://larrybrownsports.com/college-...o-chant/251568

Looks like MRD won the bowl pick em with 23 points.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Looks like MRD won the bowl pick em with 23 points.
    Really? I don't even remember signing up
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Thanks my friend.

Sorry, but I think this is funny. It should result in some kind of punishment. But it's still funny.

"I think they've not only removed the SEC from its perch, I think they've kicked them to the curb," ESPN college football analyst Danny Kanell said. "The SEC has taken a back seat to the Pac-12."

Oregon leads the way in the year of the Pac-12

After ESPN cans Kanell maybe he can get a job at the PAC-12 Network.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

When you get 4 minutes, watch this. It's wonderful.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Thanks. I liked this so much I watched his product review of Combos Pizza Flavor (spoiler alert: 4 out of 5 stars).

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Thanks. I liked this so much I watched his product review of Combos Pizza Flavor (spoiler alert: 4 out of 5 stars).
    As did I, but Bama Reed is wearing a Kentucky hat in the Combos video. If it turns out that Bama Reed is also a UK basketball fan (and an unforgivable frontrunner) then I will lose a lot of respect for him and, most glaringly, it will seriously undermine his review of Pizza Flavor Combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    As did I, but Bama Reed is wearing a Kentucky hat in the Combos video. If it turns out that Bama Reed is also a UK basketball fan (and an unforgivable frontrunner) then I will lose a lot of respect for him and, most glaringly, it will seriously undermine his review of Pizza Flavor Combos.
    Please, no more ad hominem attacks. If you want to criticize his review of Pizza flavored combos, please do so on the merits. I doubt you will respond to this because it is hard to argue with the substance of "They could use more pizza flavoring."

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Please, no more ad hominem attacks. If you want to criticize his review of Pizza flavored combos, please do so on the merits. I doubt you will respond to this because it is hard to argue with the substance of "They could use more pizza flavoring."
    To be completely honest I must admit I was sold when he confirmed that they are, indeed, "soddy."

In his defense, I too, was stunned to learn that an undefeated Alabama lost to an above average Ohio State.

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

That should be up for some kind of award. Instant classic!

Quote Originally Posted by utefan View Post
    Bwahahahaha!!!!!

That should be up for some kind of award. Instant classic!
    Reportedly this is a parody. Doesn't matter to me -- it's well-done parody!
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-09-2015 at 03:10 PM.

--Yeats

What a great game so far. Urban's Buckeyes are not going into this game gently. They are matching thenDucks on offense and playing great defense.

Oops Ohio state. Ducks w the ball back. I think they go hard and fast here and put 7 up. I expect to see freeman on 1st down.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
    Oops Ohio state. Ducks w the ball back. I think they go hard and fast here and put 7 up. I expect to see freeman on 1st down.
    So did Ohio state.

cant stop the run; cant pressure the qb. Bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    cant stop the run; cant pressure the qb. Bad combination.
    Ohio state is getting tons of pressure on marriotta and not falling for any qb keepers. They are always there waiting for him.

Great first half by Ohio state.

OSU dominating the line of scrimmage both ways. It's impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Yeats

How ironic can this early drop of the ball possibly be?

--Yeats

Dodged a bullet. I wonder if Oregon can stop OSU now? Not sure halftime adjustments can overcome the domination at the line.

--Yeats

How ironic can this early drop of the ball possibly be?

I can't believe the announcers didn't mention it. I fully expected to see that infamous play while they reviewed it.

4th and 1, near midfield, up by 4, Urban Meyer goes for it, and gets it. If his team could stop fumbling the ball they'd be running away with this game.

Reminds me of how pissed I was when Whittingham punting against Washington State on 4th and inches.