Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    It worked! Thanks U-Ute.

Andjustlikethat,itstoppedworking.Igiveup.
    Oh! I remember what it was!

It was Comcast's security software. They had a plugin that was breaking my keyboard. I believe it was logging keyboard input to make sure I wasn't typing in credit card numbers or something. You can disable add-ons and see if a similar one is interfering with yours.

Try going to

Options -> Help and click "Restart with Addons-Disabled"
    Help is the circular icon with the ? in it.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

It was Comcast's security software. They had a plugin that was breaking my keyboard. I believe it was logging keyboard input to make sure I wasn't typing in credit card numbers or something. You can disable add-ons and see if a similar one is interfering with yours.

Try going to

I'lltryit,putitonlyhappensonthiswebsite.

I told you. Try a hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was the same thing for me. It took me a while to track it down to that security plugin. I'm not sure why it was only affected by the site. It could be a side effect of something mundane like how the site manages cookies that piqued the plugin's attention.

Try going to

DoIgotoOPTIONSinfirefoxorwindows?

Ithinkthisisjustahoax.AJwantsattention.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

You two share a computer. Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post

Fyou!We'redone.

DoIgotoOPTIONSinfirefoxorwindows?
    FireFox. We're looking to restart FireFox with all of the addins disabled.

Garth was correct. Comcast is da Debil.

This is stupid. I tried U-Ute's suggestion, but no dice. Then I looked at some forum and it said to just press the windows key, twice. I din't really know there was a windows key, but lo and behold I can type again! I fell free! thank you windows key!

This is stupid. I tried U-Ute's suggestion, but no dice. Then I looked at some forum and it said to just press the windows key, twice. I din't really know there was a windows key, but lo and behold I can type again! I fell free! thank you windows key!
    It's a miracle!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Seriously? You'll have to send me that link. I've never heard of such a thing.

So U-Ute, the no space issue happened to me, I'm on a mac. I've got a console up so I can watch stuff as it loads. So if it happens to me again I'll see if I can track down the error, but I guessing it might be a js issue when it loads the wyswig editor. If I went and began typing behind the un-spaced stuff I could type again with spaces (which might be a workaround for you other non-spacing fellow schlubs).

It appears to be happening when you quote a post too.

I'll let you know what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    So U-Ute, the no space issue happened to me, I'm on a mac. I've got a console up so I can watch stuff as it loads. So if it happens to me again I'll see if I can track down the error, but I guessing it might be a js issue when it loads the wyswig editor. If I went and began typing behind the un-spaced stuff I could type again with spaces (which might be a workaround for you other non-spacing fellow schlubs).

It appears to be happening when you quote a post too.

I'll let you know what I find.
    I agree that there seems to be a problem in the JS code in the wysiwg editor. I've had issues for a long time when replying to a post where the cursor jumps around. I don't have any problems if I hit the "Advanced" button and finish my posting there. So I usually type a couple characters, hit that button, and finish it in the Advanced dialog editor.

Also, I've only had this issue in FireFox. When I use Chrome, I don't have problems.

Here is a screen cap that I did so you see what I'm talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Here is a screen cap that I did so you see what I'm talking about:
    Hit the "Go Advanced" button in the lower right and use that editor. Does it behave better?

Site issues?

It would appear Applejack infected CS too.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...king-on-Chrome

So, it appears that the Twitter links aren't coming through on the mobile web view.

They are properly embedded on the main site view and come through as links in TapaTalk, but are stripped in the mobile web view.

I'll take a look at it.

Do we need to have a Twitter account to see the tweets in Tapatalk? All I ever see is the link number.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Do we need to have a Twitter account to see the tweets in Tapatalk? All I ever see is the link number.
    TapaTalk doesn't have a mechanism for us to embed tweets in it, so I just transform the BBCode into a link. You don't need an account to see tweets in a web view, so I believe you should be able to tap on the link in the message and have it pop up a web browser to the tweet.

Does that not happen?

TapaTalk doesn't have a mechanism for us to embed tweets in it, so I just transform the BBCode into a link. You don't need an account to see tweets in a web view, so I believe you should be able to tap on the link in the message and have it pop up a web browser to the tweet.

Does that not happen?

I have a twitter account (YAY for me!) and cannot see twitter messages on UB% on my phone.

I have a twitter account (YAY for me!) and cannot see twitter messages on UB% on my phone.
    Are you using TapaTalk?

Are you using TapaTalk?
    Yes

Yes
    Do you see the link displayed in the body of the message? It should look something like this:

IMG_0775.jpg

Do you see the link displayed in the body of the message? It should look something like this:

IMG_0775.jpg
    This is typically how I see things but occasionally, I just see:

That links to nowhere. I assume this is typically due to user error when putting in the embedding code.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    This is typically how I see things but occasionally, I just see:

That links to nowhere. I assume this is typically due to user error when putting in the embedding code.
    Yeah. That happens when people forget to use the BBCode with the Tweet ID.

How about if we have a tweet we just screen shot it and post the picture?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 01-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    How about if we have a tweet we just screen shot it and pay the picture?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I've done that in the past, so that works just fine. One nice benefit is it doesn't go away if someone deletes the tweet.

I did some digging on the spacebar issue. It appears to be a known issue with vBulletin 4 and newer browsers. Apparently one workaround is to not use the WYSIWIG editor.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...on-reply/page2

Quote Originally Posted by "Mark B. - vBulletin Support
    Thu 27th Oct '16, 10:30amJust to manage expectations - this is almost certainly an incompatibility between new versions of Chrome and the now quite old version of CKEditor that vBulletin 4 uses as its message editor.

There is no development work on vB4 now, as it is not the current product. The only work being done is php compatibility, any security issues that come up, and a handful of very minor bug fixes. Development work is focused on vB5.

Replacing the version of CKEditor in vB4 would be a major undertaking, requiring months of developer and QA time. I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.

Probably the best bet for any users affected is to get them to switch to the text-only editor ('source mode) instead of the WYSIWYG. They can do this in their user settings.

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by U-Ute; 01-04-2017 at 11:12 AM.