Thread: The 2015 NBA draft thread

The 2015 NBA draft thread

I know its early, but i thought itd be fun to track projections on our Utes this year.

As of today, nbadraft.net has Delon going 18th and draftexpress.com has him at 32. I dont know where Chad Ford has him, but i know he has had him in the back half of the first round for a while.

Neither of the sites above lists Poeltl. Jurys still out, and likely will be for a while. I know Chad ford as of a couple weeks ago thought hed go.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...Ford-Big-Board

Ford's latest Big Board (dated Dec 17) has Poeltl at 13 and Delon at 17.

I heard Paul O'Neill (the PAC 12 color guy) on one of the local radio stations last week. he thought Poeltl could be a top ten pick and is gone for sure. No doubt in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I heard Paul O'Neill (the PAC 12 color guy) on one of the local radio stations last week. he thought Poeltl could be a top ten pick and is gone for sure. No doubt in his mind.
    Wow.

I dont know if he is top 10, but I do think he will jump after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Wow.

I dont know if he is top 10, but I do think he will jump after this year.
    An NBA team will have some work to do if they draft him this year, but is far from being a "project" for an NBA team. He has all the tools you want in a big man. He just needs a bit of coaching.

The real question is how important the college experience and is to him and his family. They don't strike me as needing a lot of financial help, so he may not rush to the NBA. It isn't like he's going to get any shorter or forget how to catch a ball in the next year. The only risk is injury.