Thread: I'd like to see Moose given a chance, I think he's hilarious and knowledgable.

Thumbs up I'd like to see Moose given a chance, I think he's hilarious and knowledgable.

I understand some people really hate Moose. But some people really like him. The board has an ignore function, I don't see why we can't be allowed to decide for ourselves who we do or do not want to see here. Unless Moose already repeatedly broke rules on this forum, I think he should be given the chance to behave.

I enjoyed him most of the time on Utefans.net and I follow him on twitter even though he won't allow me to officially be "a follower". He only allows 10 people to follow him on twitter, a lot of his followers are Ute athletes and coaches. He knows his stuff, he's not just a troll. Brian Johnson tweeted that Moose is the funniest person on twitter. If our own offensive coordinator enjoys Moose, I don't see why the rest of us can't be given the choice whether or not to read his posts.

Go ahead and crucify me for liking Moose.

No judgment passed on you here Dave, I personally don't mind him and have enjoyed his posts on ufn.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

As long as he avoids going overboard with the ad hominem attacks and tries to dig up petty grudges from 8 year ago, he could feasibly survive longer than a few days. But prior experience says he won't act with civility.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    As long as he avoids going overboard with the ad hominem attacks and tries to dig up petty grudges from 8 year ago, he could feasibly survive longer than a few days. But prior experience says he won't act with civility.
    I actually enjoy seeing him digging up bad posts that people made 8 years ago. It keeps everyone on their toes.
    Last edited by Big Dave; 02-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.

When the topic is 'how to make a great pizza' and he dives in and craps all over a thread with a "remember how back in 2001 you said it was a bad idea to fire Ron McBride? That was so stupid. You are an idiot. You don't know anything...' bullshit, it is not at all interesting. That is the reason he is the #1 most ignored poster and #1 most irrelevant poster in the history of sports bulletin boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I understand some people really hate Moose. But some people really like him. The board has an ignore function, I don't see why we can't be allowed to decide for ourselves who we do or do not want to see here. Unless Moose already repeatedly broke rules on this forum, I think he should be given the chance to behave.

I enjoyed him most of the time on Utefans.net and I follow him on twitter even though he won't allow me to officially be "a follower". He only allows 10 people to follow him on twitter, a lot of his followers are Ute athletes and coaches. He knows his stuff, he's not just a troll. Brian Johnson tweeted that Moose is the funniest person on twitter. If our own offensive coordinator enjoys Moose, I don't see why the rest of us can't be given the choice whether or not to read his posts.

Go ahead and crucify me for liking Moose.
    After reading your post, I'm going to say that Moose the message board prick is just pretending to be the Moose that Brian Johnson follows on twitter. I can't see any way that someone so allegedly bright would willingly be such an asshole on every other message board he infects with his presence.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

I agree with Big Dave. Give the poor guy a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Troll
    Last edited by hostile; 02-21-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

I'd advise JIC to follow your example.
    "Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Yes, I bet you would like to give him a 30th chance. I will let him know on twitter how you feel.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Yes, I bet you would like to give him a 30th chance. I will let him know on twitter how you feel.
    Add a zero.

Add a zero.
    You should check your logs and see who axed him the most. I bet I have the highest "ban/months as mod" ratio.
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I'd like to see Moose given a chance, I think he's hilarious and knowledgable.

I don't care either way about Moose, let him have a chance and if he f**** up then give him the axe or allow the members the chance to ignore him.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 02-22-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

I usually give him a chance when he figures out to get yet another account on UFN. I red star a lot of posts. He always reverts to form so then I ignore him. Probably the biggest thing that bothered me is when he went on the Colorado board a couple years ago and made us all look awful. I've heard he's done that on other teams boards as well though I haven't personally witnessed it. Has there ever been a more frequently banned poster in the history of the internet though? I'll give him credit. The man puts some real effort into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    I usually give him a chance when he figures out to get yet another account on UFN. I red star a lot of posts. He always reverts to form so then I ignore him. Probably the biggest thing that bothered me is when he went on the Colorado board a couple years ago and made us all look awful. I've heard he's done that on other teams boards as well though I haven't personally witnessed it. Has there ever been a more frequently banned poster in the history of the internet though? I'll give him credit. The man puts some real effort into it!
    I don't care about what Colorado fans think of us anyway. They're awful, awful people. If Moose went over to their board and pissed them off, good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I don't care about what Colorado fans think of us anyway. They're awful, awful people. If Moose went over to their board and pissed them off, good for him.
    It wasn't so much pissed them off. He just made us look like a bunch of @$$holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma Ute View Post
    It wasn't so much pissed them off. He just made us look like a bunch of @$$holes.
    I couldn't care less if Colorado fans think we're assholes. The feeling is more than mutual.

I also would normally suggest that Moose be given a chance on ub5 but at the same time he's already shown his behavior when he pretended to be Chad. I'm relatively neutral on the guy but after his antics pretending to be Chad and the last rant I'm leaning toward not wanting him here.

I'm with Corvan. As far as I'm concerned, he had his chance

Dealing with moose today reminded me of a great thread on CUF. Anyone wonders why moose won't be allowed needs to read one of his dupe's responses around page 4

http://cougarstadium.com/showthread.php?t=46000
    André Gide

Dealing with moose today reminded me of a great thread on CUF. Anyone wonders why moose won't be allowed needs to read one of his dupe's responses around page 4

Not only are posts like these a great reminder of just exactly what kind of nutjob Moose is, but they also serve as a litmus test for one's own credibility. If you like Moose, chances are you're just as much of a 5-watt bulb as he is. I'll ignore any poster who advocates for Moose to be a part of this or any board. And having Moose enlist the help of people on UF.N or Twitter to help get me to unblock or unignore him is priceless.

That thread was not one of falafel's finer moments. Too much law school, not enough trust in people with fewer law degrees but more experience.