Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
For what it is worth, my kids are 5 (6 in September), 9, and 10. We have done a number of hikes this summer so they are pretty good at it. The water does keep them distracted though.

Off of the top of my head...

There is one in Kolob Canyon called Taylor Creek that is pretty easy and beautiful. You have to pay for entrance into Zion to do it but you get the Kolob area to yourself. Most people go to the Springdale area. But you can also get into that area with this entrance fee if you want.

Snow Canyon near St George is also pretty neat. The kids can play on the sand dunes. There is some lava tubes you can hike to. Very hot this time of year.

Sand Hollow is a place where the kids can put their feet in the lake. Lots of bugs though.

Cedar Breaks is amazing. I haven't done any hikes there but you need to get out and walk around to see the amazing views. Nice and cool this time of year.
Great recommendations. We have done some of those, will do the others including Kanarraville. We did find a cool walk that is outside of Santa Clara / Ivins on Old Highway 91. There are a ton of petroglyphs you can check out and the kids had a blast for about 45 minutes just finding new mad hidden ones. I found one depicting a ship crossing the sea and one of an obvious messianic figure visiting people among rubble and a tree of light. Wonder what it means?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk